Discgolf Mecca

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Discgolf Mecca

Postby forehand on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:39 pm

I want to throw a question out there and see how people feel on the situation and get some responses...Would anyone actually pay to play discgolf ? Now a buddy of mine owns like 80 something acres and wants to put a couple coures on it w/lights like a baseball field,to run nite tourneys possibly every nite of the week and some other ideas like a pro shop and concession stand.He also has told me he would let the club run tournaments there as well.Ive seen this land and it is awesome,virtually no work needs to be done,theres some roads that run through it that would obvisouly be OB.Now thers enough land for at least 3 courses easy,he was thinking bout charging a doller a day or something like that or possibly a year pass or something.
I was just interested to hear some feedback on the idea or some new ideas if anyone has any...
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Re: Discgolf Mecca

Postby JAB on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:46 pm

I think its a great idea, but 1$ a day sounds a little cheap. Let me know so i can invest.
JAB
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 pm

JAB wrote:I think its a great idea, but 1$ a day sounds a little cheap. Let me know so i can invest.

ditto, for all that it sounds like it'd take to invest, $1 isn't going to get returns very fast.

but i'd do it for sure. it seems on DGCR that the courses where pay to play fees are recycled back into the grounds are always the best kept (flip city comes to mind off the top of my head).
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 pm

I'd pay for something like that also. I've joked for a long time if i ever won the powerball I'd do something like this..build a house in the middle of nowhere and have 2 18 hole courses with a clubhouse aka man cave where you can go hangout for the weekend and not be bothered.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:50 pm

I think pay to play courses will become more commonplace in the future. If a course is really good, then many players will probably not hesitate to pay a fee to play the course! I know I personally would play such a course, I already have done pay-to-play when traveling to other places.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 am

Pay to play is indeed in the future of this game. Everyone who is a member of the RCF or other club is already doing that. So the obvious solution is to become a member of DGM and play for tags.
Having the expense of a lighted disc golf course is unnecessary because it's more fun to watch a glowing disc fly through the cover of darkness. A better option is to have low voltage solar powered walkway type lights to mark the fairways every twenty to fifty feet plus one or more at the basket.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby listen4chains on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Excellent idea, one I have considered if I win the Powerball as well!!!. Sign me up! :D :D :mrgreen:
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby Lazerface on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:06 pm

I piss $1
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Lazerface wrote:I piss $1

Nice and understanding to the DG comm.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Yes, yes and more yes!

This is what I'm talking about...some serious courses.

I'm sure many of you have heard of the Highbridge Hills DGC in Wisconsin. If not, behold my fellow disc golfers, this is the Mecca.

Anyway, there are several places that have a few courses on one property. I agree with Chris K, this is the future of Disc Golf....Imagine some of the nicest golf courses(ball golf), now imagine that for disc golf!! I would pay everyday, all year, whatever the fee. Especially if I, as a club member, would have some type of input on course design or installation or just anything that would be needed to help get this ball rollin'!

So, yes...I would love that.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Next

Return to General DG Talk