For all you stat heads

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

For all you stat heads

Postby WilmorePark on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:37 pm

For anyone interested in keeping detailed "I mean very detailed" track of their scores, I, along with a friend (can't take all the credit) have "invented" a spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) that does all the work for you. All you have to do is enter you round score in (hole x hole) and it does the rest. It will show you your per/hole avg, your front 9 avg, back 9 avg, overall avg, we keep track of wins and have a highlight section (you can go as nerd'ed up as you like with this thing) and it is broken down by each course as well as having a "leaderboard page" which gives a quick breakdown of your avg.'s at each course right on 1 page. If anyone is interested please feel free to e-mail me at c_bujnak@yahoo.com. Just make sure to put somthing regarding the stat sheet in the subject otherwise I may just delete it w/o looking. I am still working on the best version to send out to folks (the one I will send will have our palyers names just change them to your own and clear the scores), so if you get it and it needs some tweaking, bear with it, but we have been using it for about 2 months now and it works great. Also there is a pic of each hole at the bottom of the course page. This is helpful is say you are avg'ing 4.5 on a hole and wondering why, well you just look to the bottom for the pic and see which hole it is and BAM you realize it's hole 8 at JB and see that it's like 9000 feet for par. Also just so there is no confusion, it is FREE.
What would Kenny Climo do?
WilmorePark
Bogey Poster

Re: For all you stat heads

Postby REDARMY on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:10 pm

sounds great! is this (going to be) publicly hosted somewhere?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby WilmorePark on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 am

It could be except I have no website to host it so for now it is for personal use. If you want I can send you a link to where you can download a copy of it, that way you can try it out for yourself. You just have to have Excel to run it.
WilmorePark
Bogey Poster

Postby WilmorePark on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Here is the link for anyone who would like to take a look: http://www.filefactory.com/file/af3ef15 ... sheets_xls
Just use the basic (free) version. The file size is about 115 MB so it takes about 10 mins to download.
WilmorePark
Bogey Poster

Postby WilmorePark on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:03 pm

If anyone does try it, please give some feedback as I would like to improve upon it.
WilmorePark
Bogey Poster

Postby Calvin on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 am

Chris, just wondering, did you put this together or did you have Eulberg do it?
Everybody just cool out.

Tag #45
Calvin
Bogey Poster

Postby WilmorePark on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:37 am

Ha!! I did in fact put this together with another friend of mine, but now that you say that I wish I would have got his input. Bobby probably could have done something to make it more functional. Maybe I'll run a copy by him and see what he thinks.
WilmorePark
Bogey Poster

Return to General DG Talk