Jefferson Barracks Summer League 2014 - Starts 5/13/2014

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Jefferson Barracks Summer League 2014 - Starts 5/13/2014

Postby MADDISC on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:26 am

I think we should use the CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:14 pm

I agree with the chief
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:15 pm

I will post the update a little later this evening when I get home...

I can't tell you which mold will be used for certain at the 1 Disc Challenge, but it will not be the Chief... we are fresh out at the shop and the mold is temporarily trapped in the injection molding machine due to a hydraulic pump failure. Hmmm...

Antihyzer, we can certainly work something out. We can talk about it tomorrow...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Here are the standings after Week 7...

No ACES, so the ACE POOL should be above $225 for the final week of Summer League. I heard about some close calls last week, so there are obviously some opportunities to cash in! That said, I would prefer for it to remain for the Week 9 tournament :twisted: ...if no one hits an ACE for the final week, the ACE POOL funds will be split up amongst a bunch of holes during the 1-Disc Challenge. All of the holes that will be used should be reachable by everyone (200' or less). If you participated in the ACE POOL for at least 4 of the 8 weeks, there will be no additional charge when you sign in (other than the $5 disc cost). If you did not pay in for 4 weeks, it will cost you an extra $1-$4 to participate (depending on how many weeks you did/did not pay in). This is to help build up the pot and to ensure that everyone actually has an invested interest...sorry, no free rides!

Guests are allowed to participate in the Week 9 1-Disc Challenge. It will cost $5 for the John Schumacher designed custom disc, $5 for the tournament/pizza party, and an optional $5 for the CASH CTPs. This tournament is always a blast, so the $10/$15 investment is well worth it if you can make it out...plus you get a killer keepsake! Please try to RSVP if you would like to join us as I only get a finite amount of extra discs made up. Typically, there is room for about 15-20 guests at the most...

A few changes were made to the divisional splits - please see the League Notes for the details.

It looks like the weather is going to be a bit milder than today, but it still is going to be hot and humid. Please drink plenty of water and stay safe!

See everyone tomorrow!

BTW, I am running out of discs to give away for the FREE CTPs (other than Gateway :lol: ). If you have anything to trade in for the Fall session, please bring them tomorrow or let me know so I can start to get things ready. Thanks!

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Here are the FINAL standings after Week 8...

Congratulations to all of the divisional winners!

No ACES, so there will be $229 to start off with for the 1-Disc Challenge CASH CTPs. There will be 9 CASH CTPs, so they will start off at $25/each and any money collected from guest fees will get added, so hopefully we will be able to get them up to $30+/each when it is all said and done! Should be a blast! All of the holes that will be used for the CASH CTPs should be reachable by everyone (200' or less). If you participated in the ACE POOL for at least 4 of the 8 weeks, there will be no additional charge when you sign in (other than the $5 disc cost). If you did not pay in for 4 weeks, it will cost you an extra $1-$4 to participate (depending on how many weeks you did/did not pay in). This is to help build up the pot and to ensure that everyone actually has an invested interest...sorry, no free rides!

Guests are allowed to participate in the Week 9 1-Disc Challenge. It will cost $5 for the John Schumacher designed custom disc, $5 for the tournament/pizza party, and an optional $5 for the CASH CTPs. This tournament is always a blast, so the $10/$15 investment is well worth it if you can make it out...plus you get a killer keepsake! Please try to RSVP if you would like to join us as I only get a finite amount of extra discs made up. Typically, there is room for about 15-20 guests at the most...

I am including a list with all of the plaque recipients and a picture of what the plaques should look like.

I will post a whole bunch of additional information tomorrow after Mark and I flag off the Retro 18 (Lazy Man Version) layout.

Stay tuned...

2104 JB Summer Plaque.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby antihyzers on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 am

image.jpg
image.jpg
Greg here are a couple of ideas for the battle at the barracks logo to be put on a disc to be used during the battle league
today is here, yesterday is gone, but tommorow is yet to be
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:55 pm

Allright! Just got done with all of the prep work for tomorrow and I thought I would give you an update...

- the discs for the 1-Disc Challenge are stamped and ready to go. They have been carefully stashed underneath a blanket in my back seat so that prying eyes can't get a look until the last moment. I guarantee that everyone will enjoy my selection...well, there might be 1 or 2 complaints. :o

- the payouts have been figured out, the $10 and divisional winner vouchers have been filled out, and the envelopes have been stuffed with cash for the Pro winners. Mark Dude met up with Bob Waidman this afternoon and picked up a nice selection of club inventory for everybody to spend their vouchers on. Bring some extra cash if you want to load up!

- the prizes for the SPECIAL CTP (FULL PAY players only) have been figured out. There will be 3 prizes to pick from - a sweet set of G.I. Oakley sunglasses (thank you Brad Stone) valued at over $150, a voucher good for FULL PAY at your next league ($65 value), and a $25 gift certificate for Longhorn Steakhouse (thank you Matt Augustin) along with some other add-ons. First place picks first, second place picks second, and third place gets whatever is leftover. I will bring my portable basket and set it up somewhere around the Blackhawk shelter.

- brand new CTP flags for the 9 CASH CTPs tomorrow...bring your Sharpies!

- plaques have been ordered and should be ready to go. I think they are going to look great! All second place ties are getting plaques! The winning all-female team is getting a plaque! All divisional winners in tomorrow's 1-Disc Challenge are getting a plaque! Neil Brown gets an ACE plaque!

- I will be getting to the course around 2:00PM tomorrow. If anyone would like to help me set up the flags for the Retro course, it would be much appreciated!

I think that is it for now. See you tomorrow!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.