I made a new subreddit dedicated to StLouisdiscgolf

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

I made a new subreddit dedicated to StLouisdiscgolf

Postby jrud9182 on Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 am

I made a subreddit called http://www.reddit.com/r/stlouisdiscgolf. Its about a week old and has around 65 people who follow it. I thought that it would be nice to have a centralized place where anyone can post anything related.

Let me know what everyone thinks, could this be a place where events / tournaments could be hosted? Could this be a common place for all the st.louis area disc golf clubs to reach out to a broader community?
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Re: I made a new subreddit dedicated to StLouisdiscgolf

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat May 10, 2014 5:18 pm

It would be excellent if you could repost some of the information about the urgent need for workers at Sioux Passage Park to help with the Briscoe Woods course installation.

All the details are posted here as they come up: http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2152&start=110
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jrud9182 on Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 pm

I just saw this, i will post it right now. I will make it a sticky post at the top
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Postby jrud9182 on Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 pm

I just read the post, would someone from st.louis disc golf club like to be a moderator of the reddit so they can post important information like this? Email me at jrudisill9182@gmail.com
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue May 13, 2014 9:44 am

jrud9182 wrote:I just read the post, would someone from st.louis disc golf club like to be a moderator of the reddit so they can post important information like this? Email me at jrudisill9182@gmail.com

Are YOU a member of the St. Louis Disc Golf Club? If so, would you be interested in taking on that role - we could really use people who are connected and willing to help spread the word, like you have just done. If you're not a member, please consider becoming one. Club membership isn't so much about tournaments or competition, it's more about just putting $20 a year into building new courses and maintaining the courses we already have. Every member we can gain is so important.

Thank you, jrud9182!
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jrud9182 on Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm

I can do it, I'm not currently a member.. I was once upon a time, but never got involved in any of the club stuff due to a sweet case of social anxiety. I'd like to start playing with better players so I can improve my game.. But that is besides the point. I just grabbed the google calendar.. I will work something out. I am going to go to sioux passage and watch the AM players in the STLO.

So yea, i can make sidebar posts for all the weekly stuff you guys do. Then make big events and things like that sticky posts at the top of the page.

I know st.louis has a ton of discgolf players, i think the name of this game is going to be exposure. I work from home and have plenty of free time to jam this stuff out.

I will join the club again, but at this time my wife is getting on my case out me being on the computer.... gotta go
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Postby jrud9182 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:30 pm

I added the stlouisdiscgolfclub.com to the sidebar of the sub-reddit. We are at 90 subscribers so far.
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks man!
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jrud9182 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:58 am

No problem, I'd like to also include a form, similar to this... https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHJUT091clBnTDJ2Q2FqaUFpMXdwUGc6MQ

but instead of making it as detailed, just gather the necessary information to forward onto the RCF mailing list. The reddit has been up for 1 month, and it has 90 subscribers.
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion