Woodland Handicap League - Wednesdays

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Woodland Handicap League - Wednesdays

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 am

Woodland Handicap League plans to start back up again on Wed 4/17 @ 6:00pm
$5.00 a week
Nightly voucher payout and CTP
You'll get your Handicap set the first week played. Don't need to be there every week.
Play from the Red tees for first 8 weeks.
You'll need some glow discs or lights for the last few holes until the daylight extends till 8:30-9.

Questions Jeff Ligon 618-978-8316
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Re: Woodland Handicap League - Wednesdays

Postby gregwil2 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Woodland Wednesdays are back.

Not many showed up week 1 last week because of the 3 week layoff.

We're playing 5 weeks from the White Tees then 5 weeks from the Red tees.

Everything else is the same.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Woodland Doubles questions

Postby mason on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey- I was looking for any info someone could share on the Woodland doubles.
Saw it listed on the calendar but couldn't find any info other than a start time.

Does it happen every Sunday this fall?
I'm guessing it's random draw doubles?
What is the the cost?
What set of tees are normally used?
How many rounds are played?
I'm new to the game this summer, what would be ok score to come out and play this?

Thanks!
mason
Bogey Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm

mason wrote:Hey- I was looking for any info someone could share on the Woodland doubles.
Saw it listed on the calendar but couldn't find any info other than a start time.

Does it happen every Sunday this fall?
I'm guessing it's random draw doubles?
What is the the cost?
What set of tees are normally used?
How many rounds are played?
I'm new to the game this summer, what would be ok score to come out and play this?

Thanks!

Mason, I can help you out on this one.

The doubles league takes place every Sunday, all year round. The cost is $5 per man, and yes, it is random draw. The tee pads that are used vary from time to time and the tee pads that are used can often depend on weather conditions.

One round of doubles (scramble style) is played. However, players will often hang around for a $1/tag round of singles (I think the $1 is optional). Usually no less than 9, but no more than about 11 or 12 holes are played during this round.

The first Sunday of every month is played at Rock Spring, in Alton, and the third Sunday of every month is played at Horner park, in Lebanon. More than likely, the front tees will be used at Rock Spring and back tees will be used at Horner Park. The rest of the Sundays are played at Woodland Park, in Collinsville. League typically starts a little bit after 9:30.

All skill levels are more than welcome and are encouraged to come out and join in the action! 8-)

JL
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 pm

FYI...this league is starting back up again on Wed April 23rd.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby dm81 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Just curious, if I don't have glow discs, am I screwed?

I'm a really new player and am interested in playing tomorrow, but the only glow disc I have is a Wizard at the moment.

Also, I know its a handicap league, but is there a threshold for a lower skill player? Currently my best score at Woodland is +1 on the old pins and +3 on the B positions.
dm81
Bogey Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:00 am

You don't have to have glow discs, they have lights you can tape to your disc for sale at the league. There usually about $2 each or 3 for $5. They look kinda like a band-aid and you use clear packing tape to put them on any disc. They are reusable and would easily last the entire weeks of league when you'll need them.
And don't worry about your score. +1 and +3 is pretty decent, probably middle of the pack raw score. On any given day there will be people that are +5-10 or more, but the handicap helps them out to level the playing field. It's really about playing consistent or even getting just a little better each week.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.