Course Maintenance

St. John, MO

Course Maintenance

Postby clanger on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:32 am

OK it's time to come out of hibernation. Ron and I have got a lot to do. Practice basket with around the world blocks in the ground for putting contests, some new walls, landscape work at 4 & 6 pad area, benches, fixing a bunch of marker poles, and replacing a couple of pins damaged by the mower, etc.

Heres where you can help. While your there playing pick up limbs along the way and put them next to a tree trunk for easy pickup. Take a trash bag with you and clean up the course as you play.

This will help us out so much. This will allow us more time to make improvements.
clanger
Par Poster

Re: Course Maintenance

Postby REDARMY on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 pm

???

i was there thursday i think, and limbs and trash weren't the biggest problems by far.

only gripe i had was the mud bog at 4/6, but that's what waterproof shoes and/or a change of socks is for.

the course is in great shape otherwise if you ask me.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby clanger on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Fixed or replaced 7 pin markers today. Keep up the good work piling the sticks up. The 4 & 6 pad area is 1 of our main concerns this year. I've never seen it hold so much water before. I'm waiting for the parks guy to get back with me for the OK on the practice basket location.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Clang, call me when you can in the am, I have a idea about 4-6, and we wait on nobody for this, small sticks :mrgreen: . I tried to call you.

Also please post if you can help Clanger, he has tournament in 1 week 1 day for the first one, then like 4 weeks later, big one.

He needs volunteers for the next 2-4 weeks. I will not be able to help until I can work. He will be more than gracious to have any extra help. Clang as soon as I can I will be back.

If you have some extra time to offer, please post to Clanger here.

Peace

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:54 pm

As always, thanks Chris! I think Endicott is looking pretty good right now. I just wish the parks department would get MORE trash cans out on the course, & get them bathrooms open! I know, that is all coming soon. But I never understood the reasoning behind taking most of the trash cans out, just because they have LESS people working during the winter!! They do the same thing out at Sioux, it makes no sense at all! Less trash cans means, of course, more trash all over the courses!! Pretty stupid, if you ask me!

And clanger, let me know when your going to be out there. Perhaps I can help out!

Jeff W.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:25 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:And clanger, let me know when your going to be out there. Perhaps I can help out!

Jeff W.

ditto. i'll be making a trip out there at some point next week, and i sure wouldn't mind giving a hand before or after a game.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby Golfer X on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 pm

clanger wrote:
The 4 & 6 pad area is 1 of our main concerns this year. I've never seen it hold so much water before

BAD DRAINAGE MAKE GOLFER X MAD!!!! GOLFER X SMASH BAD DRAINAGE!!!!
Golfer X
Par Poster

Postby clanger on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:52 pm

Ha Ha, good to hear from you X. Trash cans are back out. I might have to tweak a couple of them. Bathrooms are now open. There are tons of sticks on the course. They are supposed to drop some mulch but I could use a load from Brad. I had hoped to get there this weekend for some cleanup work but the weather may change my mind. Sat. looks bad but maybe Sun. if it's not raining.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby clanger on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:44 pm

I'll be there this weekend moving baskets and putting the putter blocks around the practice basket.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby listen4chains on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:35 pm

What distance do you use to start the first block from the basket center?
Or is it from the rim edge of the basket you measure from?
Also, what is the distance between each of the 9 blocks once you start putting in the blocks?
I am guessing that the 9th or even tenth block/rock should be jump-putt range, outside ten meters, is that the normal thing to do?
I am looking to do the same at Quail for its practice basket.
What are you using for the block?
I thought naturally flat one foot by one foot rocks would look nice.
Andy Majesky hopefully can get the Parks Department to approve something for us to install soon at the Quail Ridge practice basket.

For those of you who might have wanted to look, but never have the time to, the conversion for 10 meters is 32.81 feet, basically 33 feet for simplification purposes.
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to Endicott Park