Anyone been to CC lately???

Maryland Heights, MO

Re: Anyone been to CC lately???

Postby scorekeeper on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:51 am

:?: if it is a course in the ground :D , and you can play it :mrgreen: , find one you like ,and quit whinning about the ones that are out of your range. :? Until you can play a course at it's PAR DESIGN don't worry about par 54 . That mind set :roll: will only hurt your ability to play ,and have FUN :D :mrgreen: :lol: I think we should all try to have more fun as we enjoy play'n a round of disc golf :ugeek: BUTT thats just me
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2014 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:34 pm

who's whining?

i simply said i don't like the course.

sioux passage is out of my range for par too, and i'll be the first to admit that, but i'd pay to go there before i'd go to CC for free. the terrain and turns and woods of sioux (plus the better facilities) make it a far more enjoyable course to play than CC regardless of how well i shoot.

even if i learned how to drive 500', i still wouldn't go to CC because the course is so boring.

check out the reviews on DGCR if you think my opinion is biased because i can't throw very far. :roll:
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:20 pm

REDARMY wrote:all the more reason not to go to that half-aborted golf course. :roll:

REDARMY wrote:ok, who is this guy and why does he have his panties in a twist?

i can test my arm at sioux passage, which isn't a flat, featureless wasteland.
REDARMY wrote:who's whining?

:
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:52 pm

The River City Flyers have organized a fundraiser for Creve Coeur Park in November. We'll be holding a tournament with a $10 buy in. All the money goes to the course to buy trees and bring in dirt to create elevation changes, elevated baskets, tee pads, etc.

You're pretty opinionated for someone that is new to the sport and hasn't worked on the course near as much as the people you're insulting.
JMHO
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby kaht on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm

You're pretty opinionated for someone that is new to the sport and hasn't worked on the course near as much as the people you're insulting.

It has become apparent to me in the last week that you can say whatever you want on this forum, provided everybody else agrees with you. Otherwise you're wrong, and someone will gladly point it out.

How sad.

JMHO
kaht
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm

irwinje wrote:The River City Flyers have organized a fundraiser for Creve Coeur Park in November. We'll be holding a tournament with a $10 buy in. All the money goes to the course to buy trees and bring in dirt to create elevation changes, elevated baskets, tee pads, etc.

JMHO

post edited by the poster due to increasing levels of sobriety :mrgreen:
Last edited by REDARMY on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:35 pm

HITMAN wrote:
REDARMY wrote:all the more reason not to go to that half-aborted golf course. :roll:

REDARMY wrote:ok, who is this guy and why does he have his panties in a twist?

i can test my arm at sioux passage, which isn't a flat, featureless wasteland.
REDARMY wrote:who's whining?

:

i assume you had a point to make, but you didn't.

want to try again?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:50 pm

I would love to help out at CC for the fundraiser...

The course is "boring" in a sense...The design is stellar...the only downside I can think of is the lack of elevation changes. That's where we(RCF) come in, raise some money and get CC back up to par. Maybe creating more Mando's or OB lined fairways, elevating some of the baskets, there's a whole list of things that you could do to any course to make it better. Let's do it!

Without people that are willing to get out there and do something about it, it'll always stay the same.

If you have any interest in making this course better, come to the Fundraiser.

Jeff, get some CC Park fundraiser discs printed up and we can sell them prior and leading up to the event. If we had discs that said "Save Creve Coeur" or "Creve Coeur Fundraiser" in the next month or so than we could sell them at our events, etc. and have extra money already put aside before the fundraiser even gets here. We could do the same thing for Unger, have an ongoing Fundraiser Disc for sale for multiple courses, all at one time...Imagine the extra potential.

Innova CFR Program....http://www.innovadiscs.com/cfr/details.html

Order early. Get the most benefit from the Candy Fundraising Program by having your discs available for purchase well ahead of your event date. This will help provide advanced promotion and can also raise money to pay for expenses incurred before the event.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 am

This thread has turned a corner, maybe we can get it back on track. We're hoping to make improvements to CC this year in an attempt to make it more enjoyable for more people.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:18 pm

I thought I vaguely remember something a while back about putting some Jr/rec/whatever you wanna call it tees out at CC. Did this ever happen, or is that part of the fundraising? I haven't been out there in quite some time, but I think having some shorter tees out there would draw more beginners or people who complain about the distance. I'd imagine you could change the look of a lot of the shots out there with shorter tees. With good placement you could force a certain line or shot off the tee, something that is kinda lost when your hole is 700ft long and wide open. I actually like going out there every so often just to cut loose. I think with a little bit of work, it could be a really nice course. Obviously nothing is gonna be as scenic as SP, in my opinion that's the best looking course I've played on. What's unfortunate is that people are gonna want to compare the two because of the distance, and that's not fair to CC.
dehaas
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Creve Coeur County Park