California Monthly Series presented by Gateway Disc Sports

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: California Monthly Series presented by Gateway Disc Spor

Postby discdoh on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:18 pm

The results for yesterday have been posted above under the tournament flyer...

There was a bit of controversy surrounding the added OB...I apologize for any problems that this might have created. In the future, I will make sure that any "experimental" elements that are added to a tournament will be free of any debate. I think the majority of the issues revolved around that fact that the added OB was simply not marked well enough. While I personally had nothing to do with laying out the added OB, I should have realized (while I was salting the teepads) that it was going to create some problems and eliminated it altogether. I will do a much better job of making sure that anything added in the future is tournament worthy...

Here is the information for the next event...
Attachments
California March Event #3.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:50 am

Just a reminder about the tournament this weekend...

We will be playing a mixed set of tees...all of the tees that are going to be used will be painted orange and flagged off with orange flags, so there shouldn't be any confusion. The objective is to use the tees that are in the best condition, so we won't just be playing all of the long positions.

The ACE POOL will be in effect, so $499 will be on the line! Even though there aren't a ton of ACE opportunities at Carrollton, there are a few really good opportunities to cash in. Come and get it!

Preliminary reports are that the weather is going to be nice and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of other tournament action going on in the immediate STL area, so I am expecting a decent turnout.

See everyone there!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:16 am

I think it is close enough to trust the weather report...it will be mostly sunny with a high around 70 degrees! Come on out and enjoy the beautiful Spring weather and friendly competition!

Dave Mac has done a really good job of building up the "mixed bag" stock, so there is plenty of alternate manufacturer discs up for sale and prize outs. Manufacturers include Prodigy, Legacy, Dynamic Discs, Reptilian Disc Golf, ABC Discs, Discraft, Innova, and, of course, Gateway Disc Sports.

There will be a BUNCH of CTPs included as well. Most of the manufacturers donated extra stock to explicitly be used for league and tournament CTPs. I am thinking that I will try to set up at least one division specific CTP for each division available (in addition to the full field CTPs). This will mean that you won't have to compete with the big dogs on absolutely everything. ;)

See everyone on the course!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:37 am

Here are the results from this past weekend at Carrollton...

No ACES, so there are now officially 3 ACE POOLS going - #1 $499, #2 $499, and #3 $34! I know that they can't last forever, so make sure you come on out to one of the leagues or tournaments that Gateway runs to give yourself a fair chance at a really nice payday!

A big "THANKS" to all of the various sponsors:

Gateway Disc Sports
Reptilian Disc Golf
Legacy Discs
ABC Discs
Dynamic Discs
DiscStore.com

See you all next month (4/27) at Logan University for the next installment. This will be the first 2-round California tournament of the year, so the start time will be 10:00AM instead of 12:00OPM...

GDS Monthly Series #3 - Carrollton - 3-30-14_Page_1.jpg
GDS Monthly Series #3 - Carrollton - 3-30-14_Page_2.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Gateway's website shows the next event is only 1 round with an 11 am start.
Any clarification?
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:33 am

Here is the info for the California tournament event this coming weekend...

Sorry for the delay, but I completely forgot to post this after I made the flyer up. Oops!

The event was originally scheduled to be a 2 rounder, but it was decided that the difficulty of the course and the fact that this is a California style event would simply eat up too much daylight. Therefore, it has been backed down to a 1 rounder like the previous events. As usual, the 50/50s, SPONSOR CTPs, and ACE POOL are all included with your $10 entry fee and the SUPER AM ($5) and SUPER PRO ($10) are optional buy-ins.

The ACE POOL was hit by Jeff McCluskey a couple of weeks ago, but there is another $499 ACE POOL ready to go. As long as it doesn't get hit during leagues this week, it will be up for grabs! There are certainly a couple of golden opportunities at Logan University DGC to cash in...come and get it!

See everyone there!

California April Event #4.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:08 am

I see that the next event is this Sunday at Sioux. I was wondering if this was going to be 1 round or 2? If it is 2 rounds, will Briscoe be used? 8-)

JL
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby ScottGalvin on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:35 pm

I talked to Scorekeeper he said the park is to be clearcut in that area by 14-18 so it may not be available for play this weekend! Check first before getting hopes up.
ScottGalvin
Bogey Poster

Postby ScottGalvin on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:36 pm

On Briscoe not on Sioux.
ScottGalvin
Bogey Poster

Postby Joshua Gateway on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Results and payouts have been posted to Disc Golf Scene from yesterdays Cali Monthly at Sioux Passage DGC.

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournament ... ent_6_2014
Joshua Gateway
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments