The 25th Annual White Birch Ice Bowl-- 2/1/2014

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The 25th Annual White Birch Ice Bowl-- 2/1/2014

Postby bobosun on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:56 pm

:D Just a little more information as to the goings on at The 25th Annual Hazelwood (St. Louis Disc Golf Club) Ice Bowl.
There will be several ways to show your generosity and donate to the St. Louis Area Food Bank.

The St. Louis Disc Golf Club is having a raffle that began with the participants of the first two events at Creve Coeur and Jefferson Barracks. There will be several hundred dollars worth of merchandise from the club, Gateway, and individuals donations.

Hazelwood is having a raffle with three drawings. The three main prizes are: a Lightning bag, and two Fade stools, plus some other items to go with them. Each can good that you donate gets you a raffle ticket. The more items donated gets you more tickets=better odds of winning something.

Of course we have the silent auction, which is a great way to donate and pick up some great plastic disc golf goodies. There is a full line of Ice Bowl merchandise that will either be for sale or in the auction. There is a plethora of full color discs, stools and new plastic from Dynamic Discs. There are always some surprises and last minute entries of course & there may also be another mini-raffle too. Some other things that are in the mix will be some hockey tickets from our two hometown teams, a flycap from Sweden, and possibly a proto Destroyer, and much more! Can't play.......come out for the auction anyway!
Auction items will be out for viewing and bidding, if not before, between rounds at lunch. The auction will end about 10-15 minutes after everyone is in from the second round.

Mulligans........a great way to have some fun and show your support. Everyone will get an envelope to keep with you as you play. You can buy extra shots at any time during the rounds, whether it be putts or drives, for one dollar each. You don't have to put money each time in the envelope, just keep track of them on your envelope & make sure the correct amount is there at the end. When the envelopes are collected, they will be sorted by amounts in each. There will be a final drawing then for prizes(gift cards). The more you buy , the larger the gift cards, and as always a special something for the most!
EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATES IN THE MULLIGAN BUYING SHENANIGANS GETS A SMALL FROSTY FROM WENDYS ANYTIME YOU GO, ALL YEAR LONG!

I think that about covers most, if you have any questions, or have something to donate for the auction, let me know. bob 314-307-2187, call or text.

One more update: Creve Coeur food donation=194 pounds & = 158 meals for the needy
Jefferson Barracks food donation= 189 pounds = 154 meals for the needy

See you all there!
RCF 16
JCS 3
ANT 1
PDGA 2077
beadless
bobosun
Bogey Poster

Postby Bison on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Are we not including the totals of food and money raised at the JCS chili bowl?
Bison
Par Poster

Postby RADOne on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 pm

:? Did I read that correctly ? Old school Stingrays for auction ? ~~~~~ count me IN !
Hardcore White Birch Regulars
RADOne
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:51 pm

I was asked to mention that tournament central will be the gymnasium rather than the usual room......sign-ups & I guess everything else will take place there now. Could be some interesting weather for the Ice Bowl..... :P
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby emoney on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 am

With that rain its unfortunately gonna b a mudd bowl again...not as bad as some of the past, but its all for fun and good reasons. Shootem up!!
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby TSULLY on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Congrats to Jerry Barklage for taking down the open division - a very fun but sloppy day!
TSULLY
Bogey Poster

Postby RADOne on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:20 am

Another well executed tourney with ALOT of new faces. The Mudd on hole #13 had mud under the mud and was almost impassable ! Any totals or scores to be posted here ? Good Job to ALL the hosts ! Cheers !
Hardcore White Birch Regulars
RADOne
Bogey Poster

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments