Willmore Wednesdays - GLOW Edition - Starts 11/6/13

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Willmore Wednesdays - GLOW Edition - Starts 11/6/13

Postby discdoh on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Here are the results from yesterday...

Can you believe it?! NO ACES! Who is gonna take it down?!

League is cancelled for the next 2 weeks - 12/25/2013 is Christmas Day and 1/1/2014 is New Year's Day (Headache Bowl). I am contemplating putting together a GLOW random draw doubles round after the Headache Bowl...stay tuned for more details! The next official league night is 1/8/2014. This will be a random draw doubles league night.

Have a Happy Holidays and see you in 2014!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby flickchick on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:32 am

Score! I made the Payouts Owed list! Its like Christmas all over again! Wait... It IS Christmas! :D
flickchick
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Well, as you can probably guess, this weeks official Willmore Wednesday GLOW round is going to have to be cancelled due to the copious amounts of snow. I just don't think that night golf and 10" of snow is a good combo for a decent turnout. Therefore, the official Random Draw Doubles Edition (every fourth week of league) will have to wait until next week (1/15/14). It looks like there should be quite a few days in the 40s before next Wednesday, so hopefully we will be in the clear!

That said, I might be willing to give it a shot if anyone else is up for the challenge! If you would like to give it a shot, please respond to this thread so that I have time to prepare my arsenal before Wednesday evening. I think there are a couple of techniques that might make it completely feasible -

1) Use LEDs taped to the TOP of the disc so that you can follow the flight of the disc (red LEDs work best IMO).
2) Use dark colored packing ribbon taped to the BOTTOM of the disc to help find submerged discs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7onUGx5So
3) Use discs that you aren't going to be devastated over if you lose them...with this much added weight it's not like you are going to know how the discs are going to fly right off the bat anyways!
4) Dress like you are going sledding/skiing. Trouncing around in the thick snow can become pretty miserable if your feet/legs/hands start to get soaked.

I have played plenty of DEEP snow golf throughout the years, but I have never done it in the dark! What the hell, why not?! It honestly sounds like a good amount of fun...but I could be wrong! :twisted:

Either respond to this thread or call/text me at 314-210-2038 if you want to try and get a group together. I am thinking a 5PM start might work, but I am willing to start later if necessary. And just to spice it up, I will be putting up $100 of the 2nd ACE POOL!!! How epic would it be to hit a GLOW/SNOW ACE!!!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:31 pm

I am looking forward to this Wednesday's game! Warmer temps ( above 0*), 3ft of ribbon taped to my discs, LED lights secured with Gorilla tape, Ace Pool, another shot at beating Greg Doh, Quincy Street Bistro cocktails, 10+ inches of snow, full moon?, what's not to love? Whether it's official league or not, I'll be there. Tee off at 6p.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:33 am

Wow! What a crazy week of weather we just had! From 10” of snow, to -10 degree temperatures, to all day rainstorms, to nearly 60 degree weather yesterday…what a nasty ride it has been! Gotta love St. Louis weather!

Tomorrow marks the official return of Willmore Wednesdays GLOW Edition after a lengthy holiday break. Even though league was cancelled last week due to the conditions, we will still be playing Random Draw Doubles this week…it is too popular of a format to simply skip. It only happens every fourth week of league, and I know some people really look forward to it. Since this is a R.D.D. week, there WILL NOT be a FLEX START. It will be a SHOTGUN START at 6:15PM. The team selection will happen at 6:00PM SHARP, so don’t be late!

The temperatures are supposed to cool back down, with the daytime high reaching around 30 degrees, so don’ t let the recent warm up fool you too much. You will definitely need to dress warmly. As usual, I will have HotHands available for purchase.

The first ACE POOL still remains at $499. The second one is now up above $150, so the pile of money keeps on growing! It is only a matter of time before someone hits an ACE, so don’t miss your opportunity by staying home and watching “Dancing with the Stars”…

I will be bringing a couple of boxes of discs to league tomorrow. If you have some vouchers you would like to use, you will have a chance to do that tomorrow. If you would like to call the shop ahead of time (314-487-5204), we can try and make sure that I will have exactly what you are looking for available.

As usual, any help that I get putting the basket lights out is much appreciated.

See everyone tomorrow!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:40 am

Here are the results from this past Wednesday...

Well, it was a good ride while it lasted, but the ACE POOL has now been...JUST KIDDING!!! :twisted: The ACE POOLS still remain untouched! #1 remains at $499 and #2 should be up over $175 next week. Sweet!

I have been talking with Dave about the plans for this league year and one of the subjects was the ACE POOL. The ACE POOL will turn into a traveling ACE POOL once all of the leagues start up after DST. This means that there will be 1 ACE POOL for all of the various Gateway leagues throughout the week - Monday (Carrollton Handicap Singles), Tuesday (Endicott Handicap Singles), Wednesday (Willmore Divisional Singles), Thursday (Dunegant Random Dubs). With this much action, I would imagine that the ACE POOL will get depleted on a fairly regular basis. At the same time, it will also grow a lot quicker. Either way, these last couple months of Willmore GLOW might be your best chance to ensure that you get a crack at it, so don't miss out!

Next week we will get back to the normal divisional singles play with a FLEX START starting at 5:30PM. See you there!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:52 am

Here are the results from yesterday...

NO ACES!! There were 11 brave souls that cam out in the nasty cold to give it a shot, but alas, it was not meant to be. Let's hope the weather warms up a tad by next week and we can get a few more people to show up and take a crack at it...

EndicottWillmore Park DGC Divisional Singles League Payouts Owed 1-22-14_Page_2.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Zack ripped a side arm dead center of the chains last night on 6 - pole and out. $500 of utter dissappointment - priceless! :lol:
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby bean928 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:57 am

Heart of the chains? Everyone knew it was in?

http://youtu.be/Or98UCpsZ9Q

That's what your post reminds me of.
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:17 am

More like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRish87DFRE

Although comparing a 470' dead center chain out to a 160' one is a bit of a stretch...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.