The 25th Annual White Birch Ice Bowl-- 2/1/2014

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The 25th Annual White Birch Ice Bowl-- 2/1/2014

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:48 pm

On Sat., Feb. 1, the 25th Annual Ice Bowl will take place at White Birch Park in Hazelwood, MO.

Two rounds of disc golf, first round from the pro tees, second round from the Am tees. Awards to the top 3 individuals in each of the following divisions: Open, Masters, Intermediate, & Recreational.

Tee at 10:00 A.M. -- Fee is $ 15.00 per player -- Fee includes an Ice Bowl mini & lunch --

There will be a Charity Auction held during the tournament, all proceeds going to the St. Louis Area Food Bank.
And a Can Goods Food Drive too, with a raffle for a great prize!

Register online at -- http://activenet16.active.com/hazelwoodmoparksandrec/

Should be a good time & for a great cause.........and remember, "NO WIMPS- NO WHINERS" allowed at an Ice Bowl event :!: :!:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Re: The 25th Annual White Birch Ice Bowl-- 2/1/2014

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 am

Also, there will be 2014 Ice Bowl discs & towels available for purchase too.......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 am

Don't see the point in having an age protected division at Birch....and why masters but not advanced. What if a guy does not want to play open, but is not 40, and would be bagging in intermediate. Just a hypothetical _ there are probably quite a few of these guys around Birch.

Hope thos doesn't classify me as a whiner. If I came I would of course play open, but you have to consider everyone. Masters at Birch.....really
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:21 am

Lazerface wrote:Don't see the point in having an age protected division at Birch....and why masters but not advanced. What if a guy does not want to play open, but is not 40, and would be bagging in intermediate. Just a hypothetical _ there are probably quite a few of these guys around Birch.

Hope thos doesn't classify me as a whiner. If I came I would of course play open, but you have to consider everyone. Masters at Birch.....really

While I personally agree with you to some extent, let me try to explain why Masters is offered. There are quite a few guys who have been playing at White Birch for many years, who simply have turned Masters age & older (hell some of these guys would like to have a Grandmasters division too), & they've been asking for a Masters division in any & all White Birch events... tournaments, leagues, etc. It's a simple case of enough people asking for it, so there it is.........

I'm not sure why but, I guess they want to keep the available divisions down to four, so Advanced has been dropped. In this case, if someone doesn't feel ready to step up & play against the top guys in Open, & isn't old enough to play Masters either, then they should play Intermediate & not worry about (or hear it from anyone else) about bagging. This isn't a PDGA event........so is it really that big a deal?? Let's not forget that the most important thing here is that the Ice Bowls are all about raising funds & canned goods for a very good cause....... :idea: :!:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Works for me. Gotta give the people want they want. Whatever gets the people there and the largest donation to the food bank possible.

Thanks for stepping up to run the event. Is this the tourney with the auction? That was sweet!
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Lazerface wrote:Works for me. Gotta give the people want they want. Whatever gets the people there and the largest donation to the food bank possible.

Thanks for stepping up to run the event. Is this the tourney with the auction? That was sweet!

Yes this is the annual tournament with the charity auction, as far as I know that should be happening again.

And I don't TD this event, just try to help out wherever possible........& one way to do so is uploading info about White Birch events on the club web site....... :arrow:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby lbond on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 am

The Hazelwood website won't let me create an account. What time can I show up to register in the morning?
lbond
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:31 pm

lbond wrote:The Hazelwood website won't let me create an account. What time can I show up to register in the morning?

Usually by 9:00 A.M. or so, they start registering people......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Okay........While you can certainly sign-up the day of the tournament, if you'd prefer, you can also pre-register online. The link that I posted earlier has been replaced by this one--

https://apm.activecommunities.com/hazel ... ndrec/Home

So again disregard the earlier link & instead use this one if you would like to pre-register for this event.....
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby RADOne on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:19 am

3 wishes Decent Weather, NO Mudd (asking for Mulch would be a stretch) and some Chili......sounds like a good time as always ?
Hardcore White Birch Regulars
RADOne
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments