Anyone been to CC lately???

Maryland Heights, MO

Anyone been to CC lately???

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:39 am

I got a round in at Creve Coeur earlier today, and hole #6, well, let's just say that it has been DRASTICALLY altered!!! Several key trees are GONE down the right side of the fairway, including the right "Mando" tree! Why this was done, who knows, but the hole has a much different look & feel off the tee now! :( Other than that, it was nice out there today. Wind? Not bad at all. Golfers? Not many. Mud? Unlike it seems ALL our other courses right now, Creve was nice & dry!
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Re: Anyone been to CC lately???

Postby Golfer X on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:01 am

Bummer. It's never good news to lose any tree at post-diluvial Creve Coeur. It was once so majestically wooded.
Golfer X
Par Poster

Postby forehand on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:13 am

Yeah jeff its been like that for 3 weeks now,It was growing into the power lines so they got rid of it...SUCKS
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby listen4chains on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Mark Kane and I witnessed a huge Bald Eagle relaxing in that tree oe morning awhile back, and I could not believe how awesome it was, right above us, chilling... THANK GOD THEY BANNED DDT!!!!
Last edited by listen4chains on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm

forehand wrote:Yeah jeff its been like that for 3 weeks now,It was growing into the power lines so they got rid of it...SUCKS

So instead of just doing some trimming at the top, I guess they decided to just remove a few trees altogether. That does suck!!!
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:37 pm

all the more reason not to go to that half-aborted golf course. :roll:
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:40 am

All the trees they cut down were dead. They have been like that for the last 3 years. Its ok if you don't like the course, just don't play it. I mean why would you want to see how far you can actually throw. If you can't play white birch from the longs because your arms to weak, then you definitly don't want to go out to CC.
And who want to look at all those in shape joggers, bikers, walkers, and rollers going around the lake. Man up and come out to Creve if your not shooting under par there you need to keep playing it.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:03 pm

ok, who is this guy and why does he have his panties in a twist?

i can test my arm at sioux passage, which isn't a flat, featureless wasteland.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby listen4chains on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:03 am

REDARMY wrote:all the more reason not to go to that half-aborted golf course. :roll:

You really think CC is half-aborted? How is that? That is in poor taste, Mike. It is a great course, and the redesign made it longer and much more fun to play.

Many people say they do not like it, because it is flat, but what better place to get good at throwing far?

IT DID NOT HURT NIKKO, APPARENTLY....so man up, people, and besides, unless you like MEN, :cry: there are tons of fine-looking ;) women out there to check out if you wanted to....
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am

perhaps it was poor taste; either way, it's just MHO

a little elevation change makes a course much more fun to play if you ask me.

to each his/her own i guess.
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Creve Coeur County Park