Postby discdoh on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:06 am

NOTICE

Tonight is Random Draw Doubles!

Here is the cost breakdown:

- $5 Entry Fee
- $1 Front 9 CASH CTP (optional)
- $1 Back 9 CASH CTP (optional)
- $1 ACE POOL (optional)
- There is no SKINS BATTLE on Random Draw Doubles weeks.

This will be a shotgun start, so there really isn't any need to get there too early. It is going to be a cold evening, so I would suggest giving yourself a little time to warm up and stretch out, however. Also, I will need some volunteers to help out with the basket lighting as usual. If you help out, I will have a little appreciation gift package for you...

I am going to shoot for a 5:45PM SHOTGUN START. Please try to get there before 5:45PM, or at least make sure you call if you are running late - 314-210-2038.

See everyone there!

$500 ACE POOL!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Willmore Wednesdays - GLOW Edition - Starts 11/6/13

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Well........was there an ACE last Wednesday???
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I have not been into the office since last Wednesday...

NO ACES were hit! The 1st ACE POOL is now officially $499 and the 2nd one has been started up!

I went through all of the batteries with a voltmeter, so the basket lights should be brighter than ever this coming week.

I will post the results from last week tomorrow when I get into the office and tally everything up!

Se everyone Wednesday!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 am

Here are the results from last week...

As I posted earlier, NO ACES WERE HIT! :o There is now officially 2 ACE POOLS - the first ACE POOL will hold at $499 and the second ACE POOL is now at $22. Only 1 ACE POOL can be hit per week. If 2 people hit an ACE during the same week, they will split the first ACE POOL and second ACE POOL will stay untouched...

The league will now return to divisional singles competition for the next 3 weeks.

I went through all of the batteries and weeded out the weak/dead ones. The lights should be nice and bright all around this week. Hopefully I can stay on top of this every week...my voltmeter has never seen so much action!

See everyone tomorrow!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 am

Had a great time playing in this league for the first time....DOH does an awesome job running things!

But damn........no ace........ :lol:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Here are the results from yesterday...

First and foremost, NO ACES were hit! It looks like the 2nd ACE POOL should be getting up around $100 by next week! :shock: To mix things up next week, I am going to move Hole 6 into the long position...but this does not mean that you will be losing an ACE opportunity. Everyone will get to take a freebie run at the short position before they play the hole for real to the long position (there will be a temp basket in place). Should be fun!

Pat Ruschke stole the show this past week! Not only did he smoke the competetion score wise, but he also was the SOLO SKINS WINNER. What makes this more impressive is that he won a total of 3 SKINS! I guess he will have to split the SKINS POT with himself 3 ways. ;)

See everyone next week!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 am

It's Wednesday again, which means its time for everyone to take another shot at the ACE POOL(s)! The 1st ACE POOL remains at $499, and the 2nd ACE POOL should be up around $100. Only 1 ACE POOL can be cashed per league round, so the $499 ACE POOL will be up on the line tonight. Come and get it!

Here is the plan for the next month or so -
Tonight is Divisional Singles Competition like normal.
Next week (12/18/2013) is Divisional Singles Competition.
League is cancelled on 12/25/2013 (Christmas Day).
League is cancelled on 1/1/2013 (Headache Bowl).
1/8/2013 will be Random Draw Doubles night.

As I stated in an earlier post, I will be trying out something new on Hole 6. There will be 2 baskets - 1 in the short "Pint Size" position (the permanent basket) and 1 in the long "tournament" position (a temporary basket). Everyone will get to take a "freebie" shot at the short position to try and cash in on the ACE POOL before they take their real drive and play the hole out to the long position. Do not play out the hole to the short position, just pick your shot up and move on to your second drive...

The weather is going to be a bit on the chilly side, but this is nothing new. I will have some handwarmers for sale ($1 per 2-pack), but there are no guarantees that I will have enough for everyone. I believe that there are about 25 or so pairs left. If I have time beforehand, I will stop off and get some more.

Here is a good hint for everyone - try and get your discs set up with the LEDs and tape while your discs are still warm and give them a couple of hours to set up. The tape will adhere a whole lot better if you do this and you won't have to deal with the LEDs flying off when you hit a tree. Trust me, it works a whole lot better this way! If nothing else, pick the discs out of your bag that you are going to use before you jump in the car and blast them with some heat while you are driving over...

See everyone tonight!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:29 am

Lost/left behind last night 12-11-13
I think I left it on hole 17. Someone had picked it up but did not turn it in. Any info much appreciated.

Glow tee bird with 2013 three man throwdown stamp.

PM me or bring to next weeks league and pass it to Doh.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:38 am

Here are the results from yesterday...

Well, I guess it almost goes without saying...NO ACES WERE HIT! :D It is almost as if there is some kind of magnetic field around all of the baskets! I guarantee that it won't last forever, however, so make sure you get out to take a shot at it before it's gone. ACE POOL #1 remains at $499 and ACE POOL #2 should be somewhere around $125 for the final league round of 2013...

It was a chilly round for everyone last night. I think my car temperature gauge was reading 17 degrees when the round was over. Nobody really crushed the course...other than PAT RUSCHKE! This is the second week in a row that he has been an unstoppable force. I guess it doesn't matter if it is super windy or super cold, he is the man to beat at Willmore! ;)

I wasn't sure if there was going to be a decent amount of people showing up before I started signing people in, so I decided against putting all of the basket lights out. Although I was happy that I didn't have to go fetch them up after the round in the frigid temperatures, the "cool" factor definitely suffered. I promise that I will do my best to get the lights out on ALL of the baskets every week from here on out. I apologize if anyone was disappointed in the lack of well lit baskets....my bad. As long as I can get some volunteers, it will never be an issue again. On the bright side, running up to the baskets with the LED lights that I provided every group proved to be a good way of getting the blood flowing...

Jay Adams lost a GLOW Innova 3-Man Throwdown Against MS disc on Hole 16 (with LED attached). He went back for it after the round and it had already been picked up. He would REALLY appreciate getting it back. Please let him know if you have it...

See everyone next week!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Tomorrow is looking like a great day (or should I say night) for some GLOW disc golf! The daytime high is going to get pretty close to 50 degrees (it should feel even warmer with the sun beating down on you), and the nighttime low will only be getting down to 36 degrees...it should be a very warm night round for this time of the year! I am thinking that a long sleeve shirt and a hoodie will probably do the trick for me...

As usual, I will have handwarmers, LEDs, and GLOW Stash Mini sets for sale. I will also have 3-4 boxes of inventory with me as well, so everyone can cash in their vouchers if they so desire.

Last week I did not put out all of the basket lights and this proved to be a bit of a disappointment (if you were there, I am sure that you agree). As long as I have some willing volunteers to help put the lights out and bring them back in, all 18 baskets will be lit up!

See everyone tomorrow!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.