The ONE course in St Louis Area to Play

Maintenance, Improvements, Design, and Other Misc. Course Topics

The ONE course in St Louis Area to Play

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:57 am

I have my brother in law in this weekend for an early thanksgiving and Bears/Rams game. I think we'll probably only have time to play one course while he's here, so which one would you pick and why?

Right now I'm leaning towards Woodland in Collinsville because it's the closest. But then not much further of a drive you have : JB, Sioux, Endi, Carrollton, Willmore, Rock Spring, Highland, Lebanon, Dunegant. I think Logan, Lindenwood, Centralia, Quail, ICC, Festus, etc are too far away.

It's too hard to decide on one favorite since we have so many great courses, anyone sway me one direction?
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Re: The ONE course in St Louis Area to Play

Postby MADDISC on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm

It is always nice to practice for the upcoming tournament?
TURKEY TOSS!!!!!!!!!
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby mason on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 pm

I'd say JB
Just a heads up Horner has a Christmas display up and a couple holes are unplayable.
mason
Bogey Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Now that you say that I forgot that Rock Spring also has the decorations up...but I don't think it makes any of the holes unplayable.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:31 pm

I would just play at collinsville the blue tees are definitely a test of skills. Main reason close to family and you don't spend 1hr plus driving.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:40 am

Let's face it.....there is no ONE course in the STL area, & it's getting harder to even nail down, let's say, a top five!! A real nice problem to have, though. While Woodland Mound & JB are good choices, so certainly are Sioux & Bridgeton & Willmore & Endicott.......etc., etc........... :lol:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby schimmy on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 am

That's a tough decision Greg. I think out of the courses you listed, my vote is for Sioux. I have a couple of reasons to back up my claim.

#1 concrete tees. with all of the rain we've had lately you will want to play on some concrete.
#2 new course. while you are there you could check out the new course at Sioux.
#3 other golfers. usually Sioux is not very busy and you will not have to waste time waiting on other people.

if you had allowed any course in the STL area, i would have to go with Logan (ICC very close behind). It is one of the most fun and challenging courses i have ever played. Also i think Lebanon (Horner Park) is a great course that does not get very much recognition.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby Rand al'Thor on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Even though it may be too far, Logan is top notch. Out of the others I'd pick JB. It's always been a favourite; I mean its probably the most well rounded course in STL, so if you're not looking for a specific golf round it's a good pick.
Rand al'Thor
Bogey Poster

Return to General Course Chat