Postby irwinje on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:09 pm

All things related to Foundation Park
Link: http://pdga.com/course-details?id=2562
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: Foundation Park: Centralia Ill.

Postby dahig on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:39 pm

we've started a great site (thank you pat brown),that has plenty of information about our club and the course itself.
come visit us - www.centraliadiscgolf.com
leave a post,let us know when your coming out.we would love to walk anyone thru and play a round or two!!
come on out players,it's not that far to drive!!!!!
dahig
Bogey Poster

Postby Jawhorse on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:48 am

Decided to make the haul down there from Maryland Heights / Bridgeton area and the drive took a little over an hour and a half. The 9 hole recreational course was a fun warmup, but the real draw is of course the par 70 Championship course. This was one of the most entertaining courses I've had the pleasure of playing; it certainly tested both power and technicality. There's no shortage of 600+ ft holes, and a few over 700 / 800. The scenery, demand for general accuracy and freshly mowed grass on these holes fends off Creve Ceour-itis, and there's a fair amount of par 3 holes at or around 300 ft (mostly on the front 9). All around quite challenging as well, I felt like I played fairly well and just squeaked by with a 68. Overall a beautiful, challenging and well maintained course, it is certainly worth making the drive if you have a day off and can bring some friends with you!
Jawhorse

Postby dehaas on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm hoping a little more info pops up shortly about the gateway open being held here on sunday (aug 30). it'd be a great chance for some people to see this course if they haven't played it and are willing for a short travel on sunday. i know i'm definitely trying to squeeze it in last minute.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Foundation Park: Centralia Ill.

Postby emptv on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 am

Disc Up,
On Saturday October 16, 2010 some Traveling LAKERS will be coming up to throw a few laughs into the doubles event you have going on. See you then.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby hohman on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:38 pm

We have finally gotten permission from the foundation to put in concrete teepads. This will finally put a final touch to the course that has been needed for a long time. We are looking at putting in 54 teepads, blue and red pads on both the champ and rec side. We are looking to raise around $5400 for this endeavor. We are soliciting donations and all will be greatly appreciated. We are also going to put up plaques if people would like to donate enough money for a hole. We have set up a link on our website for donations.

Besides the financial side of things we will also be looking for help when we start this massive undertaking. We are planning on breaking up the work into several days. We will finalize the dates soon and get the word out so that people have enough time to work it into their schedule. Blood and sweat will be as needed as monetary funds.

We are a fairly small club and some of you have graced us with your golfing abilities. Some have even joined our group throughout the years. One thing has been clear throughout these years. EVERYONE has complained about the lac of concrete pads. So, this is your chance to get behind all the talk and help make this championship caliber course one of the best in the country.
Jason Hohman
PDGA #27508
hohman
Par Poster

Postby emptv on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Disc up,
This Sunday April 15,2012 we will be meeting in Centralia, IL for our weekend round. This will also help out our sister club on their membership event.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Disc Up,
This Sunday July 8, 2012 at 9 am @ will be meeting on tee pad #1 at Foundation Park Champion 18 DGC in Centralia, IL. Hopefully some members of our outlaw brothers from SOILED will show.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Went out & played Foundation Park this past Saturday, it was the first time I'd been out there since the concrete pads went in.......they did a great job with those!! There's also a brand new beautiful bridge going across the creek at hole # 7.......no more walking across a narrow, rickety aluminium thing there anymore.

Bottom line, one of the best courses I've ever played (& I've played probably somewhere around 300 different ones), continues to just get better & better!! Anyone who hasn't been out to Centralia, it is WELL worth the trip, I assure you......... :!: :!:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

LAKER league @ Foundation Park: Centralia Ill.

Postby emptv on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Disc up,
Time for a road trip. January 26, 2014 for a 9:05 am reading of the rules followed by tee off.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster