Metropolis IL Course

Carlyle, Centralia, Coles Creek, and Others

Metropolis IL Course

Postby gregwil2 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:11 am

I just happened to come across this new course online. It's a bit of a drive, but their having a grand opening next Sat. Here's some info I found on the tourney. Anyone been down that way to play the course yet?

http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf ... urn_id/990
Don't miss the Grand Opening of this championship course in Metropolis Il. Home of Superman!! This 6766ft. Course is in a pristine State park with awesome campground. Every Am player recieves custom disc with Superman logo that is approved by DC comics!!! 100% pay out to pros! Lunch included!!! Gateway wizard putter with logo in players pack! Morning of the event registration opens at 8:00 Player meeting 9:30 and Tee Off at 10:00 Call me to save a spot. 618-645-0694. Riley

Pro 50.00$
Adv 30.00$. REGISTER at Event 8:00 am till 9:30 player meeting
Int 25.00$
Rec 20.00$

10.00 non PDGA fee
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Re: Metropolis IL Course

Postby schimmy on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:20 am

i made it down there for last year's tournament when it was a temp course. it was a good course but it had a few problems. 18 finished no where near hole 1, and there were a few poke and hope holes. I talked to Riley this weekend (the guy who got the course put in) he said they had to change the layout a little bit from last year and it is much better than last year. also they have concrete tee pads and brand new discatcher baskets.

had i not already made plans i would make the trip down there.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Return to Other Illinois Courses