Pere Marquette DGC in Saint Genevieve, MO

non-STL-area and Private DG Courses in Missouri

Postby emptv on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Disc Up,
On Sunday June 3, 2012 we will be making one of our most southern regular trips to a nice little town called Saint Genevieve, MO. Around 9 am we will be assembling at Pere Marquette Park under the pavilion that is near tee pad #1, if you are feeling up to the drive the LAKERS will make your 2nd 9 holes quite the experience.

• I-270 & I-55; 55 south to exit 154 take the ramp to MO O & turn left; right turn on US-61/ US- Highway 61 about 6 miles; turn left towards Creek Rd.; turn right onto Creek Rd.; name changes to Wilder, turn left on Biltmore; Road name changes to S White Sands Rd 0.2 mi; Turn right onto Matthews Dr. 0.3 mi; Turn left, and then immediately turn right onto Kingsman Dr 396 ft.; Arrive at Pere Marquette Park on the right

Maybe we can play the new courses as well. :idea:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Pere Marquette DGC in Saint Genevieve, MO

Postby eupher61 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Bruce,
I'll be down there...be alert that #1 and 2 are screwy. There is a pi$$ing match going on between the city and Charter, Charter should be mowing part of the property and isn't. It's just overgrown, and not horrible, so it's playable but ugly. It's only on the far side of the hill of #1, the other side of the pond. Tee 1 and pin 2 are mowed. We're probably going to move them sometime soon to get away from that mess, probably the two we played last time.

See you in the morning!
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Better directions--- It's not nearly that difficult...take the 150 exit for MO 32. Left (east) on 32 toward Ste Gen. Stay on that all the way through town, it will change names to Center Dr, Fourth St, and White Sands Rd. Turn Right at the Riverview Nursing Home, that is Mathews Dr. Tee 1 is at the top of the hill, first left, next to the first shelter.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:36 pm

http://www.stegenherald.com/articles/20 ... 691220.txt

A little very positive PR, and a good relationship with a Park Board. I'm hoping to get the first stage done by early August.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby eupher61 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:11 am

Holes 1 and 2 have been moved. 8's tee will be moved soon, and 8's pin along with 6 & 7 will be adjusted soon. The City has been great, we had a backhoe, tractor, chain saws, dump truck, and 3 city workers helping us last Friday. It's hard to ask for much better support than that...and, the park super submitted a budget request for baskets! I doubt that will happen, but at least he and the park board can see the value.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby emptv on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Disc Up,
As the emperor sez:
Good; Good.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Pere Marquette DGC in Sainte Genevieve, MO

Postby eupher61 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 am

http://www.stegenevievediscgolf.com/

6, 7, and 8 have been moved. Alternate pads are in the works, making 18 unique holes possible. Most alternates will be shorter, but a couple will be longer (maybe 2 alternates on a couple of holes?)
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 am

Played it yesterday morning. Not bad.
The locations of 6 and 7 kinda had me wondering what they were thinking; both seem to run headfirst into one another and throw across a walking path, a park bench or two and 7 starts right next to the OB line for a soccer field... but I suppose this whole park isn't very busy. My first time for experiencing these unusual baskets - I didn't have a slide-out, but I can see how it would be a challenge, not just with the saucer shaped buckets, but also with the stiff chains.

Had a decent game, fought with the wind a bit... overshot a couple of baskets off the tee and had a few shot slapped out of the air by it. Thought the tree branches on 2 and 5 were hanging a bit low in front of the tees - it's a little weird trying to throw a disc when you can't see where you're throwing because the branches are 5' above the ground, especially on 2 where you're supposed to be throwing uphill from under them... but I managed just fine. There really wasn't much else in the way of obstacles to navigate, so some shots needed to be hard like this.

Thanks for pointhing this one out folks, I was already in the area and getting in a round on an unfamiliar course is a good thing.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Disc up,
Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 9 am on tee pad #1.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Return to Other Missouri Courses