Willmore pond

The City of St. Louis, MO

Willmore pond

Postby Geo on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Anybody know if they drain the pond during the winter? Wishful thinking, but I know of some parks that do. I am sure I am not the only one who has lost a disc in there, and would like to be there if they do.
Geo
Bogey Poster

Re: Willmore pond

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Nope no drainage. They both are approx 12-15 ft deep in the middle. And there are no plans in the future to drain, from talking with the parks crew up there recently. They do restock w/ fish yearly tho. Lol.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 am

Richard is right, they don't drain (and if it works the way the parks people told me it does, it's not a drainable system as it cycles runoff and sewer water from the neighborhoods to the north east to prevent the park from always being a standing bog of water).

Also, don't eat the fish.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Geo on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 am

Damn I was going to eat any fish I caught while dredging for the disc. I figured it was a lost cause, always a bummer to lose a disc especially a new one. Oh well, guess it will provide a bacterial breeding ground.
Geo
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Who says the water doesn't come into play at Willmore? ;)
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: Willmore pond-creek

Postby jalbanese on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:02 pm

does anyone else have a problem with the creek next to pin 6? that is some foul water flowing by...imagine the nasty stuff in that water that appears to flow from underneath the nearby public toilets upstream.
jalbanese
Par Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:14 pm

I always keep a container of "Fresh Ones" antibacterial wipes in my trunk and try to remember to throw them in the bag before I play Willmore. If anyone has to fish their disc out of the creek it is always nice to be able to clean up your hands and disc right away. Nothing like some chemical reassurance that you won't be contracting some kind of nasty plague. Maybe we could figure out a way to mount a dispenser on Teepad 7 that wouldn't attract the attention of any of the homeless folks...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:32 pm

All of the water in all of the ponds there is gross. At least it doesn't smell bad. What still shocks me is all of the people who fish in those ponds. Why on earth would you want to eat, much less touch, anything that comes from water that is drained from all the sewers and gutters in the neighborhood to the northeast of the park and then run through pumps into a cement pond?

The creek on 6 doesn't flow into the pond from the direction of the restrooms, it flows out of the pond and towards the restrooms... where it disappears into a secret Chud lair.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Willmore Park