Logan College of Chiropractic

Info & Discussion on Disc Golf courses in the St. Louis Area

Postby discdoh on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:31 pm

It is in and it is awesome! Free for all to check out at this point...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Logan College of Chiropractic

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:19 pm

I played logan thursday. The course is amazing. Although the course is not beginner friendly. Due to all of the tight ozark style holes. Excellent job on the design. Im curious what the par is i was guessing par 62 but probably wrong.
Either way great job and a very big thank you to all involved you know who you are.

Thanks again
Jeff mccluskey
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:13 am

SWEET........ :!: :!: :!:

Can't wait to check it out....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Any thoughts on how long this "free trial" will last?
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Disc up,
Sunday October 20, 2013 at 9 am to tee pad #1.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 am

Be very cautious of the fence line on 16, it's really easy to get over it going down that hill (yes, it goes all the way down). That's someone's back yard over there and I've already seen a few people climb that really tall fence and go trespassing to retrieve a disc. Probably ought to have "Private Property" signs running the length of it.

Also, if you happen to see a pink 2012 Championships stamped disc floating on the pond at 17... that's mine. I was even trying to be very careful and skipped off a tree. Name and number are on it.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Played it today. Amazing course. One beef is flow but I am always willing to do some walking if the holes are worth it....AND THEY ARE. Hole 16 made my top 10 on holes I've played. All the rumors are true. This ones a gem.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Tee signs are in and they are nice, full color signs that show distances, tee/pin placements and directions to the next hole. There are also multiple signs placed throughout the course to direct you to the next hole, etc. This was my first time playing and I am super impressed. The design is stellar and it was awesome hole after awesome hole. I am looking forward to concrete tees and the first tournament there.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:55 pm

By the way, I spoke with Robert Powell, head of the Wellness Center at Logan. He said he'd love to hear our feedback on the course. He talked about adding benches, etc. and seemed very enthusiastic about the course. Here is his e-mail, feel free to share your thoughts with him, as I did.

Robert.powell@logan.edu
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Played Logan Saturday with Joe J and Mike R. Overall, the course is impressive and very challenging. Nearly every hole has 'kick your ass' difficulty to score a par until you've played a few times. Having someone to spot on the many blind shots helps too. Be prepared for a hike up and down the hills (bring a chair). My card was not enjoying the round as more a function of being out of shape. I agree with the previous post that this is not a beginner friendly course either in shot making or walking the course.
I think having a mindset of getting a workout while you play will increase your enjoyment of Logan.

The design could benefit from some tweaking and I acknowledge the long walks between holes may be necessary to get the most out of the property. However, some holes are simply unsafe. For example, the last hole, 18, finishes deep to the right of hole 1. Anyone teeing off hole 1 can easily turn a disc over into 18's green. Likewise, anyone walking up the hill from 18's green may find themselves in harm's way from Hole 1's tee shot.

Again, the course has some incredible holes on a beautiful piece of property. I appreciate Dave Mac's desire to bring disc golf on a 'par' with ball golf. Though bigger and longer does not translate to a better experience. For this disc golfer, challenging and fun outweighs challenging and brutal.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Courses