Work Days For NEW 18 Holes

@Sioux Passage Park - Florissant, MO

Re: Work Days For NEW 18 Holes

Postby dandruff1138 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 am

Um, I a was getting ready to head that way but the facebook post says 10:00??? Here it says 9... I am coming out anyways... even if I am "late?" :x
dandruff1138
Par Poster

Postby dandruff1138 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:01 am

Well I showed up a little before 10:00 and parked at the tennis courts, I was armed with a straight shaft weed eater and brush blade... but no one else was there so I got out and walked the course as it stands. Some very interesting holes!

Came back and sat around for a bit but no one was there, so drove by the course and saw some people playing but no one that looked like workers, so I went back to the spot and waited it out until about 10:15... Called Scorekeeper per request and did not get an answer. A bit frustrating considering this is my second time to come help and no one was there.

The Facebook times and the forum times also do not match up, I think it would be helpful to coordinate both of these to reduce confusion. I see so many "These things don't happen by themselves" and "You should feel guilty" posts, which may be just poking fun, but they are not entirely encouraging. I wish not to throw stones as I know many here have given so much for the sport and the community here in STL... Maybe it is just a coincidence I have shown on two bad days?

And now that I have exposed my Type A personality traits haha, I would like to make an offer. I can not help this coming Sunday 9/29 due to an appointment I have at 10:30 AM. Post the correct time and correct meeting place here and on Facebook I will bring some Old Town Donuts and some Bagels to the work day Sunday for some energizing carbs for the workers... This will be my third time making a commute to the course, so if I am fooled again shame on me...
dandruff1138
Par Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Sorry for the miscommunication Between this thread and the Facebook page I have nothing to do with facebook
I Francis Albanese 314 330 0045 was playing disc golf today before We All worked
Don't get good reception on the cell phones at Sioux
As for where we all meet ,it is at the tennis court area parking lot
The work is taking place just east of the tennis courts in the woods
Please understand I am the one who has tried to keep this course on track for completion
and others are posting times that I can not always manage.
If you call me Before you head out ,say around 830 I will be able to answer my phone , and We can confirm the work day location, so your next trip to the park won't be a let down to any of us,
Again Sorry for your lost time , and hope to see you soon
Also thank you for your determination to assist our club in the completion of this course

:ugeek: :D :) OUT !
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2014 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 am

I'll be working at SP2 again this evening around 4. We finished hole 11 and 80% of 12. Found a yellow jacket stronghold and got stung 4 times. Thought it best to quit for the day and left at 6p. Any help is appreciated to get this course ready for the CC. Please choose to volunteer.
Phone reception is bad at SP. If you think you are coming, call by 3p, 314-583-3340. Cars may or may not be parked at the tennis courts. A lot of us are driving to hole 11 to unload our gear. I suggest first timers park at the tennis courts. Walk along the right side (paved) of the courts and into the forest beyond (south). There is a path from 9 to 10's tee, turn right. Follow 10's fairway and take the path at the end to 11. Turn left and follow 11 to the path towards 12. You can also listen for the brushcutter and follow the noise. Thanks in advance, Chris K
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Well I guess you should all read it from me .
The new course will not be used for the C. C.
Sorry if that is a let down to anyone BUT We tried to get it done with your help.
So after the C. C. We will be working on this course to get it ready for concrete pads, signs,and baskets
Then We all can play this great course
The C. C. will be your last shot at the temp. course at Sioux Passage Because once we get this New course in there will be no need to set up the temp any more

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: OUT !
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:12 am

Sunday Sunday Sunday Be There
Working On the Course at Sioux Passage
Meeting At hole ! on the old course to play 9 at 9
then we will all head to the tennis court area to work on the new course
Lets say 1030 ish we will be east of the courts in the woods if you are running late
listen for power tools and talking follow the noise
Hope to see you there :ugeek: :D :ugeek: OUT !
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby dandruff1138 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:01 pm

I'll be dropping off a dozen donuts for the workers but can not stay due to a prior engagement, thanks to everyone who is helping!
dandruff1138
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:01 am

I'll there again today around 1:00. Course is shaping up. Cut 60% of hole 13 on Wednesday. Had a good crew dragging brush off the fairway. 13 is the last hole to completely cut out of the woods. With another good crew today, Monday and Wednesday; Francis may be compelled to let us play the course at the Club Championships:)
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:47 pm

No work day Monday Sept. 30
See you all on Wednesday Oct. 2 nd.
:ugeek: :D 8-) OUT !
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:10 am

I'll be at SP2 again this evening. Come out if you can.
Chris K
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Briscoe Woods