Willmore Wednesdays - Starts 3/12/2014

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Willmore Wednesdays - Starts 3/12/2014

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Willmore Park DGC is gettin' its league on!

Here is the info...

NOTICE
Please ignore the last daylight card time of 4:24PM if you plan on playing some night golf. I will sign people in until 6PM. If you want, you can even decide to delay your start time (after signing in at 6PM ;) ) until it gets dark and play a true night round! You would just need to text me a picture of your scorecard after you finish.

If you have any questions, please ask away!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Willmore Wednesdays - Starts 9/25/13

Postby discdoh on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 am

For the first week of Willmore Wednesdays, Dave Mac is going to be throwing in a bunch of cool extra giveaways. Not only this, but the ACE POOL will be starting off at $263! :shock:

The park remains open until 10PM officially, so everyone should have no problem getting their round in. I will hopefully have a bunch of LED "blinkies" for sale, but it wouldn't hurt to bring your own supplies just in case.

I will continue to update with some more specifics as they become available throughout the week...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby schimmy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:06 pm

your flyer says last group goes out at 4:24, is that the case even if we use LEDs? i imagine starting at 430 you shouldn't have a probably finishing before it gets dark.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:19 pm

After I made the flyer up, it was mentioned to me that the park stays open until 10PM. This does not mean that I want to be signing people up until 7:30PM or anything, but I will be signing people up until 6PM or so. So, basically, ignore the flyer on that point. I will try to remember to modify it tomorrow...

If you want to play a true night round, you will have to sign in before 6PM and then hang around until it gets dark (or maybe go grab a bite to eat at one of the many local establishments). After you finish the round you will just take a picture of the scorecard and text it to me. The LEDs will be ordered tomorrow morning, so they should be in hand by next Wednesday...hopefully. All you will need is a roll of packing/electricians tape to secure them to your disc. It is also extremely handy to have a small flashlight (with a carabiner attached) to hang from the upper chain assembly for putting precision.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 am

Hey Doh, I'd love to get into this, but I have somewhere to be by 6ish on Wed. I see that you will be taking sign ups 3.5 hours before sunset, which would 330 or so. 330 would be fine w/ me, do you really anticipate being ready that early? This league sounds too good to miss
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 am

I will be there at 3:30P for sure. See you there!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am

That's awesome news. Thanks
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 am

Here are the results from yesterday...

It was a good showing for the first official week of league play - 31 players! I was certain that someone would hit the ACE on the "Pint Size" Hole 6 (176') and drain the funds. Low and behold, the ACE POOL remains for yet another week. It will be starting off at $294 next week, so if we have a similar turnout I would expect it to be around $320. Come and get it! I only missed the chains on 6 by a few inches...maybe next week...

Zackeriath Johnson smoked the course, shooting a sweet 47 for the low score. Awesome shooting, Zack!

If you played in one of the amateur divisions, I will have your vouchers available next week. I will also have a couple of tubs of some primo Gateway plastic for you to look through. You can always decide to hold onto your vouchers and work your way towards a bigger prize (i.e. disc golf bag, disc golf basket, etc.). I would recommend keeping the vouchers in a safe spot (inside a stash mini ;) , as they tend to get mangled pretty easily...

The night golf at Willmore is awesome! There is tons of residual light from the surrounding areas and tons of street lamps throughout the course. Most of the baskets are visible without having to spotlight them. Glow discs do the trick, but I would recommend the L.E.D. method. With all of the residual light, the glow discs tend to be a little bit harder to see. I will have plenty of L.E.D.s for sale next week - 4 for $5 in a variety of colors.

See everyone next week!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 am

Here are the INCOMPLETE results from yesterday...

NOTICE

I never really said anything to any of the groups, so this is pretty much my fault, but one of the scorecards did not get turned in yesterday. Every week I will have a plastic sandwich bag underneath my windshield wiper. This is the official place for everyone to turn their cards in. The missing card was the group of Casper Fusco, Melissa Fusco, John Morton, and Adam Rhodes. It is quite possible that they turned it in someplace other than my windshield wiper (possibly the empty scorecard holder), so it quite possibly might still be at the course somewhere. If you have any contact info for anyone in that group, please let me/them know ASAP so that I can complete the results. In the meantime, I am posting the incomplete results for everyone to look at. Since Casper was in on the skins, the results for those will have to wait...sorry Zack!

No ACES were hit, so the ACE POOL is well above $300. Once again, I missed the chains on Hole 6 by mere inches! Damn! I plan on hitting it next week, so you better come on out and do your best to split it with me! :lol:

See everyone this weekend at the Club Championships!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Big A on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:30 am

Just wondering, when will you be posting the final scores from last week?
Big A
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.