friendly meet up

Set up matches/meets, talk tags, and brag about your DG exploits

friendly meet up

Postby rsandersr47 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Hello, I am new here. My GF recently gifted me a tag and introduced me to this club. I am still somewhat new to disc golf (I have played when my schedule allowed me to for about 1 year) and I am stationed at Scott afb. I would love to meet up with anyone on fri or sat, as those are my days off. It seems like most tournaments are sun-mon (not that I believe I am ready for one anyhow) if anyone is interested in getting together let me know.. I have visited dgcr for the closest courses and have only visited 2 of them.
rsandersr47
Bogey Poster

Re: friendly meet up

Postby rsandersr47 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Nvm, schedule was just changed again. I have sun and mon the rest of the month. When I went on leave my gf gave me my tag, is it needed? I left it at home somewhere. .
rsandersr47
Bogey Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:22 pm

If you're close to Scott AFB, and free on sundays, there is a weekly Random Doubles at the IL courses that are probably the closest place to play. They do rotate, the first Sunday is at Alton, second at Collinsville, third at Lebanon, and forth at Collinsville. They usually show up around the first hole at each course about 9-9:30 and then start at 10am. Fun time and laid back with plenty of people willing to help people to learn if you're interested.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby rsandersr47 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:06 pm

that would be fun, maybe I will head up there and get my feet wet.. and hopefully not my discs.. I just hope to stay close with everyone, i guess knowing everyone is in the club makes it sound intimidating!
rsandersr47
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Eh, don't be intimidated at all. It's all for fun.

If you really want to get introduced to the club the right way, come out to the Club Championships on Oct. 5th and 6th. Don't let the name "Championships" fool you too much, it's all skill levels and the only thing we're playing for is tag numbers and fun. There's a topic for it in the Local Tournaments board. Hope to see you there!
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 am

The disc golf clubs are made up of people just like you so no reason to be scared. The clubs are formed to pool our resourses to improve the game and the courses. Along the way other benefits showed up; like meeting like minded individuals and making new friends. Thanks for joining us and thanks to your GF for supporting us. I look forward to seeing you on the course and at one of our events.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:26 am

We also do the Nooner on sundays at Jefferson Barracks Park.
It is very Laid back and is Random draw doubles so you could play with anybody.
We usually start around 12:15 or so.
It only costs 5 dollars and we have an acepool to give away.
Hope to see you there.
Mark D
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby rsandersr47 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Yea, I will def think about all of those, do I need my tag? I didn't have it in my bag when I got back to base.. I will have to see if anyone can find it at home. A laid back match sounds good!
rsandersr47
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 pm

You don't need your tag. Having it is generally encouraged in the event that the people in your group want to "play for tags", but it's not going to be an issue and nobody will think less of you.

The only exception would be if you came out on Saturday, Oct. 6th, for the 2013 Club Championship end of year tag shuffle. Even then, I'm sure folks would still work it out so you could play.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby rsandersr47 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Yea, I might have it here by then anyhow.. I don't really understand the concept of them just yet tho. I am pretty excited to play against anyone other than my dad and cousin haha
rsandersr47
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to Matches, Meetups, Bag Tags and Brags