Disc Golf Ambassador Award

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Postby irwinje on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:19 pm

There has been some conversation lately about the 4 different clubs and a blanket membership or some way to say, "thanks for donating $80 to support our local clubs."

I thought it would be cool to offer members who hold a board position, run tournaments, install courses or support all 4 clubs in a given year a special bag tag.

Something like this: http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu91 ... f13e64.png
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: Disc Golf Ambassador Award

Postby DiscGolfFreak on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:33 pm

that is a great idea!
PDGA #59749
DiscGolfFreak
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 am

Hey!!! That was my idea. :o

But I'm glad somebody else thinks it's a good one. My idea was that a person who joins the STLDGC, SCCDGC, Sharpshooters DG and Chain Gang become an official "River City Flyer" and be given a very unique tag to symbolize it. Of course, the four clubs must first meet and discuss the details of how to make that a reality and ensure that the cost of the tags is split and that memberships are actually accounted for.

Each of the clubs has the sponsors already, so the back of the tag doesn't even need that part :D

Here's to it!!!
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:27 am

It seems like it would be a fruitful campaign sing as how affordable the tags are to have printed. My estimate is that it would cost each club $1/ea.

The logistics of the campaign would require accurate reporting of each club's membership list to one central candidate who can monitor member activity to ensure the tags go to appropriate members. That person holds the gold tags and mails them to members as they meet the financial obligation of joining all 4 clubs. This would also be easier if there was a bulk membership program that allowed someone to buy membership to all 4 clubs at once with one payment.

This year, I had intended to join SICG and JCS, but never actually made it to any of their events so never had a chance to join. If I could have just logged on to the Pro Shop and joined all 4 clubs, I probably would have done so that way.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 am

My (and others) thoughts exactly! There could be two ways of joining all four: the "old-fashion way" and the "All at once for a modest discount" way.

Also, you are right that this will take a dedicated person to manage it. Memberships are already a headache to log, so it's going to take a team effort from all four clubs to ensure we're not either giving these away without cause or denying them to people unfairly.

Again, I'm glad the idea is spreading and I hope the four clubs can come together on making it happen. I don't see any way that this isn't a big win for all of the clubs and everyone who plays disc golf within 50 miles. (It might even make the 4 Club Showdown more interesting come recruiting time ;) )
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm

I was thinking along the same lines. I would like to support all the clubs, even though I don't necessary play at all their events.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby emptv on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Disc Up,
Maybe as a reward for joining the "4" local clubs, you could be given a honorary membership to the funnest disc golf club in the area...the LAKERS. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh wait, we are not a real club, just a gang of outlaws. :evil: :twisted: I keep getting reminded of that by the people who don't do the LAKER thing. :mrgreen:
That is fine, just remember: When freedom is outlawed, only Outlaws will be free! :geek: :ugeek:

8-)

ps. Miss you scorekeeper. :cry:
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:51 pm

C'mon Bruce, everyone loves the Lakers! We're all outlaws at heart - you know I am.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Disc up,
You are correct, disc golf by definition is a outlaw sport. :D

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 pm

So i came up with a few ideas.

What about if there was multiple ways to obtain an award. Such as playing 10 RCF tournaments a year. Or maybe if someone donates a certain amount of money or anything that can make the club more profitable. Donating and playing in multiple Ice Bowls may not be a bad idea either.

The best part.... I think we should hold some kind of tournament for everyone that has an RCF Ambassador Award.

JL
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to General DG Talk