Willmore Park General Discussion

The City of St. Louis, MO

Re: Willmore Park General Discussion

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 am

Richard~Cheese wrote:GLOW ROUND??
Anyone notice that Willmore Park is actually open til 10pm everyday all year round signs at front entrance. Now that is getting dark around 745ish. I think if anyone is up for a glow round I'm IN. Only 5mins away from park. Contact via here or via p.m.

Cool! If you want to organize a specific night and make an event of it, I'll get ahold of the clubs stock of basket lights for you to use. That would be awesome!

I also know where to get some of the LED blinkers for the discs that you could just sell at cost.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby legendarydave on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Played three rounds... played quite poorly for two of them... my new favorite course! But i did see some idiots messing with a tree that they should not have been messing with on 6 or 7 or something... I understand discs are gonna get stuck and/or chip away at trees but I don't think breaking branches is a solution that the parks dept. would agree with to get a disc down! Also, I got the soggy shoes bc I chucked one into the creek!
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 am

I hate to be the one to say it, but if you see folks breaking limbs out of trees or trying to alter the course in any way, you should call the police immediately. That's considered vandalism and destruction of city property... and it's going to make the disc golf course look like a plague on the park. Don't let it happen.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Maybe ask them to stop & explain why they shouldn't be breaking limbs instead of calling the police. These things are almost better for "us" if they're handled "in house." If a couple punks snap some limbs the parks dept may or may not realize it. But, calling the cops for a disc golf related incident will almost certainly get their attention. It may seem like the right thing to do initially, but could cause more harm than good in the long run
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby legendarydave on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

I will base my response on how big/scary the players look... And how many of them there are... if it's just one or two guys I have no problem asking them to think of a wiser solution to get a disc down.
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby Mattress on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Richard~Cheese wrote:GLOW ROUND??
Anyone notice that Willmore Park is actually open til 10pm everyday all year round signs at front entrance. Now that is getting dark around 745ish. I think if anyone is up for a glow round I'm IN. Only 5mins away from park. Contact via here or via p.m.

We have noticed. Working out details for a winter singles league. Talks are leaning towards Wednesday evenings. Time change comes into play a week before Halloween. We may even kick this off Halloween style on the 30th of October. Stay tuned.

Other notes for Willmore, a huge thanks to Gravois Glass. They donated the $300 piece of lexan for the kiosk door. I should have it and a score card holder with cards in it soon.
Mattress
Bogey Poster

Postby KTC on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Monday labor day the IBEW will be having a BBQ at willmore lets have a good turnout in support of this event and show what disc golf can offer
KTC
Bogey Poster

Postby kyleveee on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:13 am

Glowed dunegant Park this week. A florissant officer, when it first opened, told me that he thought it was open till 11. Asked a couple other cops just to verify and they didn't really know either. One was in the Park at about 9ish while we were walking down the fairway on hold 4 and clearly saw us. Saw us in the parking lot as it was getting dark as well. So I figure it's fair game. Wrong course board but figured it applied. Glad to know I can glow at willmore on any regular evening. Already been kicked out of endicott for glowing.
kyleveee
Bogey Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:35 am

Since we are on the subject of glow rounds (even though on the wrong discussion thread) Woodland Park also stays open until 10 pm every night. Maybe a glow series in the future? 8-)

Played Willmore for the first time last weekend (other than an Ice Bowl), had a blast. Another great accessory for the RCF.

JL
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby Golfer X on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Recently had the pleasure of playing in this pulchritudinous park. To any and all who had a hand in helping to bring such a marvelous masterpiece to the masses my many thanks. One wonderful course.

Golfer X
Par Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Willmore Park