Jefferson Barracks Doubles Fall League - Starts 7/16/2013

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Re: Jefferson Barracks Doubles Fall League - Starts 7/16/201

Postby discdoh on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 pm

No problems, Jim. Just a small oversight. I have you as "FP" on all of the important documents. I'll try to remember and fix it for the Week 7 notes...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Here are the standings after Week 5...

The DROP WEEK is included and the SPLITS have been made. I deliberated over this one for quite some time. For once, I took a look after re-inserting everyone's name and made an adjustment to the splits that I had just made blind. It made more sense to make 5 flights instead of 4 flights. See if you can figure out why...

No ACES! The ACE POOL should be over $250 this week! Come and get it you dirty rats...I dare you! :twisted: As always, non-league players can "guest in" for $5 and get in on the CTP/ACE action - 50% of the ACE POOL up to $200 and full rights on all 7 CTP flags on the course (4 cash, 3 sweet prize packs). If your Tuesday afternoon/evening is free, the JB Fall League is a great way to have some fun!

Looks like a high of 88 degrees and plenty of sunshine...still not too bad for the middle of August.

Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 am

97 degrees on Tues? I thought this was fall league
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 am

That is why I switched the name from Fall League to Summer League II a couple of years ago. Nobody else liked the idea/switch, so it was abandoned after one season...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 am

discdoh wrote:That is why I switched the name from Fall League to Summer League II a couple of years ago. Nobody else liked the idea/switch, so it was abandoned after one season...

Better than rain. I'll take it regardless of what we call it
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Here are the standings after Week 6...

No ACES were hit, so the ACE POOL should be right around $300 this week! I am thinking that if nobody hits an ACE during the next 2 weeks of play, the ACE POOL will be given away during the Week 9 Safari 9 Mini-Tournament. I will have to figure out the exact method, but I am leaning towards having some 100' holes interspersed throughout the Safari 9 layout. In other words, you will play a Safari 9 hole and then play a little 100' dinker hole on your way to the next official Safari 9 hole. These little dinker holes will all have a CASH CTP flag up for grabs! But I am getting ahead of myself...

The only notable change in the standings (other than some major battles heating up), is that I switched the Beaury/Heitman team to the Novice division. The other Male/Female teams thought that this would be the proper thing to do. Which Mixed Doubles team will take the trophy home?!

It's going to be hot and humid tomorrow, so make sure to hydrate plenty before you get to the course. You can never be too prepared!

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:18 am

Here are the standings after Week 7...

No ACES, so the ACE POOL should be pretty close to $350 this week! One more week to go, and then everybody can have some fun shooting for a share of the ACE POOL 9 times next week during the Week 9 Safari 9-Hole Tournament!

The Week 9 Pizza Party/Awards Ceremony/CTJ Extravaganza will be at The Bean House. This is located at the corner of Lemay Ferry and Telegraph Rd. If you have never been there, just ask around and you are certain to find someone that can tell you the best route from JB.

This is the last week to make a move! I typically figure out the payouts to include the top 40% (rounding up). Take a look at your division and do a little math if you want to see where you stand. Either way, don't forget that everyone who misses out on the payouts will still receive a $10 voucher good towards the club merchandise. A nice selection from the club inventory will be on hand at the Awards Ceremony, so you will be able to pick something out that same night...

Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Here are the FINAL standings...

I still have a lot of stats to update, plaques to design, payouts to calculate, and numerous other tasks to complete before next Tuesday, but I thought I would let everyone at least have a look at the final standings. Congratulations to all of the winners!

Despite coming SO close to retaining the ACE POOL funds for the Week 9 tournament, it was not meant to be. :cry: Chris Kinsella had the shot heard round the world (or at least in that corner of JB) by nailing Hole 7B (290 ft.). From what I understand it was an extremely pure, down the gut flip-hyzer shot that looked good from the get go. Awesome shot, Chris! For your efforts, you take home $348! Congratulations!

Because the ACE POOL was fully depleted without any weeks to build it back up, I will have to collect $5 from anybody that wants to take part in the CASH CTPs during the Safari 9 next week. It was going to be free for anybody that contributed to the ACE POOL over the period of the 8 weeks, but obviously the situation has changed. With any luck, we should be able to collect upwards of $200 (maybe even upwards of $300 if any amount of guests show up) and make the 9 CASH CTPs worth more than $20/each, so there still will be some decent moolah on the line!

Stay tuned to this discussion thread as next week approaches. I will be posting several updates with more information as I get it completed...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:02 pm

I believe this is going to be the final layout for the Safari 9, but you never know. There is not too much crossover, but you still are going to need to keep your eyes and ears open for sure!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Calvin on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 am

So the safari 9 is singles and we can show up and play whenever, right? When does the pizza party start at the bean house? And where is the CTJ held?
Everybody just cool out.

Tag #45
Calvin
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.