GDS presents - St. Louis Amateur Championships - 8/31 & 9/1

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

GDS presents - St. Louis Amateur Championships - 8/31 & 9/1

Postby discdoh on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:58 am

Here is the info on the next event sponsored by Gateway Disc Sports...

Even though this is a ratings based event, you do not need to be a member of the PDGA or any club to participate in this event. There are several alternate ways that we will be able to determine your divisional status. These include the RCF ratings, previous tournament results, and a few other slightly less scientific methods. :o We are going to attempt to keep this process as fair as possible for everyone...

STL Amateur Championships 2013 #2.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: GDS presents - St. Louis Amateur Championships - 8/31 &

Postby KyleBreuer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Cannot express how excited I am about this tournament! Who doesn't want the chance to win
some great prizes from Gateway Disc Sports? I know I could definitely use a basket!

Count me in. Anyone else is going?
2014 STLDGCTag #55
KyleBreuer
Bogey Poster

Postby kyleveee on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:10 am

Make that 2 kyles in.
kyleveee
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

If you are going to make it to the tournament this weekend, it might not hurt to leave a message and let us know. There is the possibility that this tournament might fill. Being that it is a holiday weekend, you never know what to fully expect attendance wise.

There are a couple of different ways that you can let us know:

- leave a message on this discussion thread
- call the shop at 314-487-5204 during normal business hours
- e-mail the shop at office@gdstour.com
- show up to the Carrollton Handicap League (Monday) or Endicott Weekly League (Wednesday) and let me know in person
- drop by the shop in person during normal business hours and let Justin or myself know

I am hoping to make it out to Carrollton sometime during the week to help freshen up the course (move some baskets and possibly stake off some alternate teepads). The course has gotten a little stagnant lately in terms of baskets getting switched around, so hopefully this will provide a fresh look for the tournament rounds...

BTW, here is an alternate flyer that Kyle Breuer came up with a few days ago...

Very nice, Kyle! If you would like to help out in the future, please let us know and we will work out some form of a trade for your time spent! Would you like to take a stab at the 2013 Ozark Fall Harvest flyer?

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm

The plaques have been ordered for all of the divisions. For the moment there will only be 1 plaque for the women. If there happens to be enough female entrants to make up more than one division, we will order the extra plaque(s) after the tournament.

The weather is going to be a bit on the hot side, but there is no rain in the current forecast, so at least we have that going for us. We will provide plenty of water for everyone.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby ScottJB on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Scores?
"It is a fools prerogative to utter truths that noone else will speak..." ~ Dream
ScottJB
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 am

The scores were posted on Gateways Facebook page the day after the event, but I forgot to post them here. Here you go...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments