1st Annual City of St. Louis Open - Willmore Park - 8/17

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: 1st Annual City of St. Louis Open - Willmore Park - 8/17

Postby gregwil2 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 pm

This was a GREAT Event! Almost perfect day outside (besides just a little bit of wind). The tournament ran pretty smooth for how much was going on. The food was OUTSTANDING and big thanks to Gary for making it happen, I think that was worth the price of admission. The only thing I noticed for future events was on hole 4 and 5 next to the pavilion, there were a lot of kids running around. I know several groups were held up. For the next tourney there probably needs to be an assistant TD there to make sure things run smoother. I think it's just growing pains of a new course. That would be a great place for Laker Land in the future.... :o
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Well, Greg and Bob were assisting me... but I guess I know what you mean - we need a volunteer to stand over there and keep the public moving along while we play.

Another thing that I like: Shelter 3, where we were set up, is AWESOME! I loved having a view of 6 different baskets from Tourney HQ. And I think players enjoyed having two to three opportunities per round to stop by for refreshments and questions - even a chance to replace a lost disc mid-game.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 pm

I added the Willmore Rounds to the ratings. Here's a little additional analysis that I did to show how well you played that round Overall. And your rating for that round vs your last 10 round average (to see if you played better or worse than your rating).
Attachments
2013_08_17_Willmore Park Open.jpg
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments