Willmore is officially in.

The City of St. Louis, MO

Willmore is officially in.

Postby KyleBreuer on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:07 pm

I would like to start by thanking everyone that made Willmore Park Disc Golf Course possible.

I noticed it was in today, and had to play a round immediately. The course looks really nice.
Not only does it looks nice, but it plays great as well! And to top things off, a lot of people
were out on the course checking it out and asking questions. This is a huge step for disc golf
in the St. Louis area! Thanks again for everyone who made this course possible.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6413&mode=ci

Hole #1 can be seen below.
Attachments
IMG_0551.JPG
2014 STLDGCTag #55
KyleBreuer
Bogey Poster

Re: Willmore is officially in.

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks Kyle! We are all very proud of what this course has and will continue to become. Glad you enjoyed it. I think it's going to become the most popular course in the whole area.

I updated the DGCourseReview.com page to give all the distances as they currently are. As the year progresses, expect to see 3 pins for every hole.

We'll get some signs on the tee posts in the next day or two and Matt is still plugging away on that awesome kiosk.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Rand al'Thor on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:36 pm

I looked at the pictures and it looks great. Can't wait to play. But.... I didn't see the little L-R pond hole :?: Maybe like it used to be #6 or 7? And is #6 really 176? I guess that the walking path created problems.
Rand al'Thor
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 pm

The hole over the creek, by the pond, was too big of an issue with there always being people fishing right under the tree next to the basket. Just wasn't a good idea.

Hole 6 IS 176'. It is actually cool though because the basket sits right on the edge of the creek and is a super tempting ace run... which you better not miss or you just took an OB. There is a 507' pin position for hole 6, but it will only be used in the future during Tournaments. The walking path was going to be way, way too big of a danger for allowing casuals to play unsupervised.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Willmore Park