1st Annual City of St. Louis Open - Willmore Park - 8/17

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: 1st Annual City of St. Louis Open - Willmore Park - 8/17

Postby Mattress on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:29 am

Willmore twater page is up.
@willmoredgc
Follow the progress and keep up to date on anything Willmore DGC related.
Doh put Rob Nahlik down on the list. Both of us will be assisting in TDing and playing at the same time.
I have a few local CTP sponsors for food and drink so far. My goal is to have a good CTP on every hole for this first one.
Mattress
Bogey Poster

Postby jhenson on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Josh Henson...ADV...golf clap to all involved!
jhenson
Bogey Poster

Postby JC-82 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm in. Can't wait for the first city course in the Stl.
Jc Lightle
Intermediate
JC-82
Bogey Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm in, Greg Wilcox - Adv
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:09 am

NOTICE!

We just need to say this clearly right now, so there is no question, confusion or debate at the time of the event.

NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED IN ST. LOUIS CITY PARKS.
The St. Louis Disc Golf Club has a permit which allows consumption of alcohol that we provide. That alcohol can only be consumed at the shelter. Period.

So, do not bring your own alcohol to this event and do not, for any reason, leave the shelter with the beer that will be provided at the event. The club is held responsible for any player caught outside of the shelter area with beer that we provided and could result in the loss of our permit with the city. For this reason, any player caught breaking this rule, will be ejected from the tournament without a refund.

Sorry to be the "heavy hand", but it is a necessity for ensuring the future of our relationship with the outstanding City of St. Louis and showing them respect for opening the opportunity for this (and hopefully other) disc golf in the city limits.

Thank you in advance.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Milos3 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Hey who do I talk to about buying a fundraiser disc? I've already got $ down for the Rolla B-tier that Saturday but I'm willing to buy a fundraiser disc. Also, I can probably get some TGIFridays certificates to put up for CTP or whatever. If you guys are interested. Let me know.
Insert Witticism...
Milos3
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Milos3 wrote:Hey who do I talk to about buying a fundraiser disc? I've already got $ down for the Rolla B-tier that Saturday but I'm willing to buy a fundraiser disc. Also, I can probably get some TGIFridays certificates to put up for CTP or whatever. If you guys are interested. Let me know.

Donations for the CTP Extravaganza are awesome! If you can pull off some gift certificates, that would be sweet! We can probably work out a trade... :shock:
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Colbert300 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:03 pm

Steve Colbert, in for intermediate.

Also, I've played lots of golf this year and have yet to run into someone to buy a tag from. Really excited about the new course. That's all. Can't wait for the 17th.
Colbert300
Bogey Poster

Postby kevinsimpson on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:46 pm

Is registration full?

Is the course set up and ready to play before the tournament?
kevinsimpson
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:55 pm

^Kevin, this event will be the opening round for WIllmore. Registration is not full.
We will be working as much as we can between now and then to make sure it is ready for all of you to play.

The previous trial events at Willmore were a result of moving the JB Nooner over to Willmore. A little over $400 was raised at the so dubbed "Super Nooners"... out of the over $10,000 that the course will cost us (that is without tee pads or actual tee signs). This event, should it actually manage to fill to 90 players, will raise $180 for the course fund and an extra $450 from the commerative discs (a big thank you to Gateway!). That will give us about $1100 in fundraiser based money towards this course. :|
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments