1st Annual City of St. Louis Open - Willmore Park - 8/17

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

1st Annual City of St. Louis Open - Willmore Park - 8/17

Postby discdoh on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 pm

It is now official...the inaugural event at Willmore Park WILL be happening for certain! We are 99% sure that we should have all of the agreements with the City of St. Louis finalized by this date and the course 100% installed. If not, the event will proceed as planned with temporary baskets instead. Rest assured that this is only the backup plan and should not need to be utilized. This will be the grand opening of St. Louis' first city DGC! The field will be limited to 90 players, so please let your intentions be known ASAP! ALL participants will receive a commemorative disc, courtesy of Gateway Disc Sports and the St. Louis Disc Golf Club. I will post the flyer VERY soon! Amazing stuff for disc golf in the Gateway to the West!

UPDATE

BTW, Matt Augustin is the one that did all of the work on the tee pad marker stones and next hole arrow stones. Awesome job! Matt and our resident graphics guru, Daniel Doss, will be working together on the hot stamp design for the commemorative disc. I am sure that it will be brilliant!

NOTICE!

We just need to say this clearly right now, so there is no question, confusion or debate at the time of the event.

NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED IN ST. LOUIS CITY PARKS.
The St. Louis Disc Golf Club has a permit which allows consumption of alcohol that we provide. That alcohol can only be consumed at the shelter. Period.

So, do not bring your own alcohol to this event and do not, for any reason, leave the shelter with the beer that will be provided at the event. The club is held responsible for any player caught outside of the shelter area with beer that we provided and could result in the loss of our permit with the city. For this reason, any player caught breaking this rule, will be ejected from the tournament without a refund.

Sorry to be the "heavy hand", but it is a necessity for ensuring the future of our relationship with the outstanding City of St. Louis and showing them respect for opening the opportunity for this (and hopefully other) disc golf in the city limits.

Thank you in advance.

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: 1st Annual City of St. Louis Open - Willmore Park - 8/17

Postby discdoh on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Here is the pre-registration list...

You can either let your intentions be known on this discussion thread to reserve your spot or you can email me - discdoh@hotmail.com. The club really needs this event to fill. The costs of putting in 2 x 18-Hole courses (Sioux Passage #2 as well) in one year is very taxing when the local parks departments don't offer any financial help...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby scottscar on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Damn, I really wanna play, but it looks like my wife will be spawning our child a day or two before the event. Is there any way to purchase one of the commemorative discs w/o playing the event? If so, I would love to get one of doze. I'll pre-pay if necessary
scottscar
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 pm

No problem,Scott! Congratulations! We will have some fundraiser discs for sale. There should be at least 60 extra discs. If you can make it by the course that day you should have no problem. If not, give me a call that day and I will bring one to you on JB Tuesday.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:34 am

This is sweet four minutes from home.
Jeff mccluskey
Advanced
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby scottscar on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks D'oh! I'll definitely be hitting you up for one.
scottscar
Bogey Poster

Postby clane on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 am

I'm in
Chris Lane
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:46 pm

New home course 5 min from house, can't wait.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:44 pm

I'll play, Advanced
Nice work on the stones Matt!
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:43 am