STL/Midwest Rep on PDGA Board?

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

STL/Midwest Rep on PDGA Board?

Postby dtwest57 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi all - this is Dave West. Some of you may have heard that I am running for the PDGA Board. If you are a current PDGA member, please vote during this month of July. There are 7 candidates for 2 positions. I have made a YouTube video of myself and you can find it by searching on YouTube for 'Dave West PDGA'. If you are a current or new PDGA member, the PDGA will be in contact with you this month to ask you to vote.

So why am I running for the PDGA Board? I won't be long-winded here as my video gives you the scoop, but I would like to see more big company sponsors of the PDGA to help hold down membership fees, I would like to see more disc golf infused into our colleges and high schools and grade schools, and I would like to see disc golf expand further internationally and at the same time I would like to help out disc golf in the Midwest.

I am retiring in August so I will have more time to devote to the sport. No matter if I win or lose, I plan to stay very involved with STL disc golf, and our RCF club. Thanks to all who played in the STL Open, and especially thanks to our group of 25+ volunteers!!!
dtwest57
Bogey Poster

Re: STL/Midwest Rep on PDGA Board?

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 am

Awesome. :D
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Re: STL/Midwest Rep on PDGA Board?

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 am

Well, the voting for the 2 open PDGS board positions has ended and the results have been posted on the PDGA page this morning.

Board of Directors (Vote for 2)
Kevin McCoy, #9453 Georgia 1,567 41.30% Elected
Peter Shive, #7240 Wyoming 1,434 37.80% Elected
Shawn Sinclair, #10819 Kentucky 1,131 29.81%
Dave West, #752 Missouri 1,126 29.68%
Michael Solt, # 32429 Pennsylvania 844 22.25%
Matt Peckham, #21325 South Carolina 809 21.32%
Job Wilson, #41259 Kentucky 452 11.91%
Abstained 67

Total Ballots Cast: 3,861

Though I'm very disappointed in the very small voter turnout, and even more so that our own club president, and all around great guy, Dave West did not win... I'm happy that he did so well and only missed the mark by 8%

Dave, you did a great thing in even putting yourself out there for this position and I believe that you should be on the PDGA board (if for no other reason than that you have the lowest PDGA number of all the other candidates, by far :) )

I hope you'll consider running again next time there's an open position.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion