The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Postby discdoh on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:51 am

I am the one responsible for getting Carrollton in the mix. Creve Coeur was not available due to the annual boat races being held on the same weekend and JB was not available during the early stages of tournament planning due to the water park plans that were previously in place. Once the water park plan was nixed, we did re-insert it into the tournament, but it was too late to positively reserve any pavilions on Saturday. A lot of hard work has gone in to making Carrollton Park DGC tournament ready. What did you notice that doesn't look right? The damage from the storm should be fine by next weekend, so that shouldn't be an issue whatsoever. All of the tees will be extremely well marked, flat, and challenging. That said, if the weather becomes a major threat, JB is available as the backup on Saturday... it's just a major drive from/to South County from/to North County. There will be a tournament headquarters and extra porta potties on site at Carrollton. There will also be copius amounts of ice cold water and beverages available around the course. Please inform us of what else you think needs to be done...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:18 pm

[quote="emoney"]oh, jeez, here we go. theres always gonna be complaints no matter what. no concrete tees, so what, bring better shoes..its not basketball courts out here. HENCE all terrain sport. move on.

E$$ & Doh pretty much sum it up. A hella lot of work has been done out there in the past 2weeks after tornado came thru again(x2 in last year).Concrete or natural tees should not make any difference in how you score that day. After all 99.9% of your shots are from grass/dirt or shul + many PDGA sanctioned tourneys(the memorial for instance) give an option(to the player)of throwing from fly/concrete or natural pads depending on course set up.
I will say that holes 8, 11 & 13 Carrollton will be the most challenging for a player to make a smart decision drive, Not a big rip drive. Don't expect to see many "eagles" on these par 5 holes. But a "birdie" is completely possible if played smart. ;)
& there are at least 3 holes(4,6,&12) give you a ace run out there. :mrgreen:

Parking wise we are waiting on the city of Bridgeton to give the OK on getting some space roped off not to far walk(2min) from HQ just east of hole #1. So you shouldn't have to worry bout your vehicles. Signs will be provided where to park or just stop & ask HQ. :P
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:45 pm

^ Just don't park within 100' of HQ at Carrollton... please.

Anywho... because this got buried at the bottom of the previous page, in between a bit of debate...

As promised, here's a copy of the Player's Guide for the 2013 St. Louis Open.

Remember, it's going to be in booklet form, so the appropriate pages will come together, the map is the centerfold.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... wpGjqZEJKs

It's a low res version so that you can view it faster... forgive the slightly pixelated graphics.

Enjoy
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:37 pm

The handbook looks awesome! I will also hopefully have a downloadable course guide for Carrollton ready to go next week as well...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Handbook looks great puppet. Overkill on the directions tho. If anyone at all gets lost in between courses that is all on the driver, definetly NOT your fault ;) good work again StubPuppet.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Richard~Cheese wrote:Overkill on the directions tho. If anyone at all gets lost in between courses that is all on the driver, definetly NOT your fault ;)

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.
It was one of the only grumbles I heard last year, "I got lost trying to find my way to the course."
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby scottscar on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:28 am

Oye! I am having some real trouble trying to register for this tourney online. I finally got signed up for the PDGA, but now PayPal is f'n my couch. Is there another way to pay with a credit card online, or is PayPal the only way to make payments in the pro shop? I just want to make sure I get registered for the Open, because I paid to join the PDGA for this single event this year. Any insight would be much appreciated.
scottscar
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:47 pm

If you are haVing problems registering through the website, please call Dave West and he will assist you.
314-920-1820
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 am

You can also pay cash and give your details to any member of the club board. Get back to us and I promise that we WILL get you signed up. No worries.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Postby emptv on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Disc up,
Carrollton will be manned by the LAKERS for this event. We will be operating as Course Director, spotters, and other positions of assistance. If you need anything that we can help with while you are here just ask any of us & we will do our best.
:D LAKERland will be setup with food, drinks, and supplies all for the normal prices that we charge...FREE. :o :shock: Donations are gladly accepted, remember we are here to try to make your experience more fun. :mrgreen:
If you have some ideas for us to make it better, just post it and we will try to get on it.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster