The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Postby ctw on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:55 pm

do you have to be a registered pdga member to play in one of the AM divisions?
ctw
Bogey Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 pm

You have to be a PDGA member to play in any PDGA A Tier event, both AMs and Pros.
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:15 pm

I should be able to post a copy of the Player's Guide this weekend. It's got absolutely everything we could think of which anyone would ever want to know... it could almost take the place of the player's meetings.
I think everyone will be pleased with the course setups this year. The pins were all chosen thoughtfully - nothing that is just all long for the sake of being all long and the balance as well as par totals are very reasonable.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby emoney on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:27 am

Richard~Cheese wrote:Most are already moved. Not sure bout Endi or SP?? But pretty sure things are set or are getting set up this week fo sure. So get out & practice all of 'em(maybe you'll figure it out a good stradegy for the winning combo). If nothing else the players handbook this year should be the Bizzomb (thks stbpuppet) from what i hear. Good luck e$

Thanks Cheese. You too if you're playing in it. :)
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby davegwave on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:16 pm

discdoh wrote:
davegwave wrote:You are really going to send the old men to play the hilly Rock Springs? Do you have defibrillators available?

Would you rather play Carrollton & Sioux? We might be able to make that happen...

I would rather play Carrollton and Sioux every day of the week than play Rock Springs.
Dave
Tag #256

Church of the flying disc... INNOVA's WITNESS
davegwave
Bogey Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:28 pm

davegwave wrote:
discdoh wrote:
davegwave wrote:You are really going to send the old men to play the hilly Rock Springs? Do you have defibrillators available?

Would you rather play Carrollton & Sioux? We might be able to make that happen...

I would rather play Carrollton and Sioux every day of the week than play Rock Springs.

I remember playing a very long Sioux Passage in that heat last year as an INT. Even some of those younger guys were complaining about the heat and the length of Sioux. If it gets up to the 90's, I would much rather find myself playing Rock. Rock is not that long of a course (true par at 57) and overall, the majority of the holes out there provide some type of shade. The longer pins at Sioux will also make the walk from basket to tee that much longer.

Rock's my home course, just had to throw my 2 cents out there and Good Luck next weekend! 8-)
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby Stiffcomp on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks to everyone that is helping with the tournament, your doing a great job! Can't wait to play. I played Sioux, Carrolton, and Endicott yesterday and the courses look great, good pin placements not to long or to short, perfect for the STL open. Carrolton needs a lot of help though???? Why did someone push to have this course in the STL open if its not ready for the STL open yet (not sure why, there isn't even concrete tees yet)????? What was wrong with JB or even Creve Coeur(oh ya almost forgot,nobody cares about it anymore because they're so focused on all these new courses they are putting in....) if we needed a long one in the mix to play? :twisted:
Stiffcomp
Bogey Poster

Postby emoney on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 pm

oh, jeez, here we go. theres always gonna be complaints no matter what. no concrete tees, so what, bring better shoes..its not basketball courts out here. HENCE all terrain sport. move on. People are bored with Creve Couer flat lands. oo ooh look who had the longest strongest straight drive. And JB is probly just aways outta the way compared to where most our big courses are. I love JB. But theres gonna be changes in a growing sport, such as, MORE courses in A big city limit as u'd say. Cuz all n all "stiffcomp" im sure u weren't at the meetings to get a course in our biggest park and most loved by our city...Forrest Park..
And not any of this to be hostility, but, we have to show that St. Louis has versatility of course decisions for possible more or even bigger pro type tourneys.
Jus sayin...
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:39 am

Jefferson Barracks IS part of the 2013 St. Louis Open.

At the time the decisions had to be made, Creve Coeur was NOT included only because it was uncertain whether or not it would get mowed or be closed for the season again this year.

Buying portable pads for Carrollton (and other future tournaments where natural tees are in play) was absolutely considered. Unfortunately, the cost of the portable exceeded the cost of concrete pads, as well as exceeded the budget. Also, Bridgeton had not cleared the course for concrete pads at the time the decision had to be made.

It takes months and months of planning and the course schedule needs to get to the PDGA. The course decisions were made with no prejudice or preference. Just plain old "what can we actually be sure of" decision making.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:23 am

As promised, here's a copy of the Player's Guide for the 2013 St. Louis Open.

Remember, it's going to be in booklet form, so the appropriate pages will come together, the map is the centerfold.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A5347D946BC9A7E3!146&authkey=!AKt4KwpGjqZEJKs

It's a low res version so that you can view it faster... forgive the slightly pixelated graphics.

Enjoy.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments