Prop P - STL County Parks

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: Prop P - STL County Parks

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed May 29, 2013 8:04 am

Sorry DGFreak,
Creve Coeur DG course was closed last year for the summer, starting May 13th. The county only had the funds available to mow the park once, so they were going to close the course permanently. The St. Louis Disc Golf Club worked out a deal with them to mow in October and then let us put the baskets back in until May, when the grass got tall. The County Parks Dept. has not been back to collect the sign since.

We have spoken to them about the grass this year at this and a few other parks and they still haven't received the funds from Prop P that will allow them to hire enough grounds crew and put gas in the mowers. They have assured us they are still good on their word, we just have to wait a bit longer.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby DiscGolfFreak on Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 pm

dang
PDGA #59749
DiscGolfFreak
Bogey Poster

Postby over on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:34 am

I finally made it back out there & the signs were no longer up. It is open for business with just the fairways mowed. Off the fairways grass & weeds very high--recommend long pants. Sorry about getting it wrong on earlier post, didn't realize the signs had stayed up since last year.
over
Bogey Poster

Postby hoogiegirl on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:37 pm

So how high is the water out there? I've seen pics of the walking trail under water.
hoogiegirl
Bogey Poster

Postby over on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:04 pm

On Monday it was over the paths in a few spots but the course was fine--at least the first 9 and 2nd looked fine too. I haven't been back this week to know if the water has receded any.
over
Bogey Poster

Previous

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion