is this the end of CC?

Maryland Heights, MO

is this the end of CC?

Postby jalbanese on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:43 pm

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journa ... 72d1e.html
there's a map of the proposed trail running through the back 9. anyone else see what i see? is this old news? it looks like the trail ends at the dgc parking lot and runs right through 10,11 and 12 and some of 15 and 16.
jalbanese
Par Poster

Re: is this the end of CC?

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I cannot see the map you've mentioned. I've never heard of it before... but it seems we need to have a conversation with somebody.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jalbanese on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:49 pm

There's a notice posted next to pad #3. There's a propsition to get permission to build a multi use public path that starts by Aquaport (Dorsett Road and 270) and ends at the DGC parking lot. The map shows a red line running through the back 9.
jalbanese
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Tuesday Evening Meeting at 7p, Sept 23 to finalize the walking path through the park. If anyone can make the meeting, please attend and be our (discgolfers) voice. Call 314-738-2290 for a recorded message.
Please forward this message. Thanks

Chris K
314-583-3340
www.stlouisdiscgolfclub.com
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Concerning the course and the meeting, everyone should know that Dave West, club president, has already had many productive discussions with the folks in charge at St. Louis County Parks. The decision about the bike path has already been made and is final - the meeting on Sept. 23rd is a formality to inform any interested parties of how the project will proceed.

We have reached an agreement related to the Creve Coeur disc golf course.
They will proceed with the bike trail as they had already planned, and we will have a redesign when it is complete. It is unlikely that we could get 18 holes in the same area as before, since the bike path is going diagonally through the back 9 and will wipe out a lot of necessary room for 18 holes - especially when we factor in safety/sustainability - keeping the discs from hitting the bikers or pedestrians.

It has been suggested that we could use some of that land on the east side of the Heldman shelter and the parks dept manager has let everyone know this is the plan going forward. The back 9 holes will be unavailable for a year while they build the bike path.

I personally think the best course of action concerning the Creve Coeur disc golf course is to be good sports and to have a positive attitude about the future of the course. With cool heads and professionalism, there is a lot of room left in Creve Coeur Lake Park for more disc golf. I think it's even possible that we could find room and discuss ways to make this an even better course than it is now.

I count us as having already had plenty of luck this year. Remember, this was the year that the JB course was going to be completely knocked off the map by the proposed Water Park - with nowhere at all left to put it. Hey, karma saved us on that one (and by "karma", I mean a big sink hole)... so I'm confident that it will come out on our side with CC as well. We just have to be cool and patient.

My two cents - thanks for reading.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby rubz17 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:18 am

just curious on when it will be closed? i'd like to play it before its gone
rubz17

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:00 am

I do not believe that an actual date has been set. Now that the proposal has been finalized, it will likely move on to finalizing deals with contractors and getting all the money and paperwork in order.

Play it as soon as you can... that's all I can say.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby ScottGalvin on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 am

I played with the Lakers last Sunday. The course is still complete, play it when you can My suggestion is a redesign that will primarily be a midrange putter course geared toward Juniors. Its a big difference compared to the existing course but change is coming. I think teepads arent necessary for it so it can be changed between rounds. Carrolton needs pads.
ScottGalvin
Bogey Poster

Return to Creve Coeur County Park