Tornado damage

Bridgeton, MO

Tornado damage

Postby oldmandowntheroad on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 am

I drove through Carrollton this morning and there are quite a few limbs and in some cases trees down on the course. #12 and #14 were especially hard hit. #11, #13, #15, #17 and #18 got hit pretty good as well. Also, a big tree is down by #10 tee. The Johnny-on-the-Spot is on it's side about 100 yards down the street from where it was sitting.
oldmandowntheroad
Bogey Poster

Re: Tornado damage

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Obviously we'll have to get organized and get this cleaned up in time for the Open... but "PLEASE", don't do anything on your own. We must have the permission of Bridgeton to do any work. Thank you for the report... stay tuned everyone.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:02 pm

A lot of debris will be moved curbside today. By yours truly. Thanks. There are still some large limbs down which can't be moved until we get a chainsaw out there. Along w/ sum widow-makers still hanging in a few trees so careful what you stand under. We are on the citys waiting list (the course is last on the cleanup list). The city has thier hands full now with other clean up. So hopefully with your help we can get the little stuff pulled & stacked by the roads,which the city will pick up eventually. Hole 13 red tee is unplayable as of now w/ power lines & trees down all around it. Besides that the course is playable & WILL be cleaned up, ready for the STL Open.
DISCLAIMER:
No baskets were damaged or harmed in the filming of this tornado. ;)
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Ok update.. Got a lot picked curbside today. Still gotta get to 1 or 2 holes on the front 9. & 3 or4 holes on the back. There are large trees/branches down on hole#s 1,4,9(widow maker on A placement so I moved basket to B placement),12(on right side),13 (all over tee boxes RW&B worst hit), 14 (a lot debris all over still), 15(in front of red tee & left side fairway)17 (large tree down in front of red tee),18 branches down by C placement. I'll most likely have to drag some larger stuff out to the curb via 4x4 we'll see on that(w/o tearing the grass up). Hopefully get us a little closer to the norm come Sunday morning. Its Hella lotta work for 1 to do so as always volunteers(gloves& manpower needed as of now. No power tools yet even tho a city chainsaw crew may be needed)mucho appreciated.
I think that all the roads such as St. Charles Rock + Natty Bridge(all the too & from roads w/ stop light or wires down) will be open back up sometime tonight if not first thing in the morning. Again the course is playable, and did NOT smell any landfill stank(so maybe they've got that under control finally). Since we've gotta move baskets anyway might as well set it up for the open placements early. Question is which/where will they put the tee boxes for the open.
Only time can tell....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks to Kyle W w/ Pin High Disc Golf for getting some people together for a "work round" today. (Kevin,Rebekah K,Mason) sorry if I forgot someone sure I did. They played a full 18 and picked up debris to curbside the whole round. We are waiting for the power lines crew to do thier thing on #13 tee box. So please stay out of thier way so they can do thier jobs. We'll get back in there to clean it up later this week. Besides the large debris piles next to the streets the course is getting back to normal quickly. Thanks again to all who came out w/ the Pin High crew to help today.
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Return to Carrollton Park