DROP ZONES!

(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

DROP ZONES!

Postby STARFIRE on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Perhaps we should incorporate the use of drop zones on some of these holes, 11 and 14, more notably.

If you go in the drink off the drive, go to the drop zone....

This could help in tournament play.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Re: DROP ZONES!

Postby listen4chains on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:10 pm

That is an idea that deserves a response, I think it would be a cool feature, as long as you don't tell Andy Majesky! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 pm

L4C
The big deal is here that STL is USED to non water courses. People must learn to play in all types of situations/conditions. It does not suprise me when newby and youngins that believe think they can concor holes 11-14. I do not pretend to concor I manage that course. I have enough disc in that lake and will continue to play there. My game is getting way better. Every other course in STL except Endi., you can have a short hole and sometimes you get a 5-6 because you cannot hit the fairway. LEFT RIGHT CENTER at Unger is still by far the hardest course STL has produced. The FRICKEN OZARK course is the fricken hardest course with in 2 hrs of STL. Unger is the 2nd hardest.

My 2 cents,
Peace

Tag2

PS Drop zones are only if you hit the bank
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Disc up,
Play the lie :!:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:41 pm

rondisc wrote:The big deal is here that STL is USED to non water courses.

That is true...

I purposely will go to courses I've never played before or ones I've played a bunch, if they have water shots on them! I'm not afraid of the water nor the loss of a disc. I love water shots and I think every course should have at least one shot where water comes into play, if possible. I also think that every course should have drop zones for certain holes and at least one mando shot! These things make courses a lot more interesting without spending a lot of money.

I go to West City Park all the time just to play the water shots and now that we have Unger I'm like McDonald's in this bitch, I'm lovin' it!

*Unger Park reminds me of Cottonmill Park in Kearney, NE(my favorite course so far!) Plays around a beautiful lake, great scenery, tough pin placements and plenty of elevation! I think of that course everytime I'm at Unger...like a lost love.(what a queer) Did I say that out loud?
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Return to Unger Park