Castlewood

Maintenance, Improvements, Design, and Other Misc. Course Topics

Castlewood

Postby DiscGolfFreak on Wed May 08, 2013 3:22 pm

who else thinks that Castlewood State park would be an awesome place to have a disc golf course in? itd be cool to make one there similar to bluebird, but just have less narrow fairways for the wooded holes
PDGA #59749
DiscGolfFreak
Bogey Poster

Re: Castlewood

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed May 08, 2013 3:38 pm

It'd be cool, but I do a lot of Mountain Biking through there and I'm a little lost about a place where there would be sufficient space.

Hey, if you've got an area in mind, let us know and it could possibly be something we could approach the state about in the future.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby DiscGolfFreak on Wed May 08, 2013 8:27 pm

maybe even Simpson park if the course would be built around the lake :?:
PDGA #59749
DiscGolfFreak
Bogey Poster

Postby oldmandowntheroad on Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 pm

It would be awesome to have a nice 18 pin course in the Ballwin / Manchester area. Queeny park would be a great location but I've heard the county won't consider Queeny, although I don't know if that's true or not. Castlewood would also be a great location. The park is HUGE - I checked and it's over 1800 acres so there should be space for an 18 pin course. There is also a park on the south side of the Merimac - on the north side of I-44 - West Tyson county park that is really large - something like 600 acres - that may also be a possibility.
oldmandowntheroad
Bogey Poster

Postby DiscGolfFreak on Tue May 14, 2013 6:05 pm

there is also Lone Elk Park right across the river from Castlewood that could fit an 18 hole course on cuz its bigger than Castlewood
PDGA #59749
DiscGolfFreak
Bogey Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Thu May 16, 2013 7:35 pm

No Lone elk No Castlewood You guys are far from any usable property in either of those parks. We should think about somewhere in chesterfield or maybe out at the new park in st chuck off of 370. Or how about lets help finish the courses we are currently installing (Wilmore ,Sioux Passage) Just my 2 cents.
Sunday May 19th 9:30 am work day at Sioux. Hope to see you there! :ugeek: :geek: :D
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2010 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # 4
Jeff. city #24
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby scottscar on Thu May 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah, what about Wilmore? I've been having a hard time trying to get Sioux to help with the work out there, but Wilmore is right by my house and place of work. These big city bureaucrats need to get it together, and let our dutiful club do some serious work. Too much deer poop@Castlewood and Lone Elk anyway.
scottscar
Bogey Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Thu May 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Let's finish the existing projects (SP, Willmore, concrete at Carrollton,helping SCCDGC get Indian Creek in the ground, ect) first. Maybe instead of looking for new space for courses, people should focus their "volunteer" energy on improving our existing courses. If my #s are correct I've played 51 let's call em local courses, all are within a 2 hour drive of the Greater St. Louis area. There are so many courses that are all completely different (SP open hills, Endi & Blue Bird very technical wooded, CC long & flat, Carrollton lots of OB long, JB, Woodland & Alton all classics, to Rolla & Farmington long & technical). More in the STL area than anywhere in the country. There are plenty of courses in west county area(Kircher,Manchester,Blue Bird, Watson,ect). All of which are a 5-10min drive from the hwy44 & 141 area. Some still could use a good course captain, along with some loving. Also a lot of the courses on the east coast are in state parks most of which if not all are pay to play courses. If your heart is set on trying to get in a Missouri State Park in that area. I would start with a 9 hole out at Babler Park they have lots of room, pavilions, restrooms, camping, ect. ;) :lol:
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby ChrisCHING on Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Last edited by ChrisCHING on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisCHING
Bogey Poster

Postby Rand al'Thor on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:41 pm

This is not trying to upset the focus on installing other courses like souix2 or wilmore, just a discussion. If you look at the STL area course map you see a big hole in the west county area where theres no 18ers. I've been to Queeny and Castlewood many times and I'm very confused by the "not enough room" and "unusable property" comments. Castlewood is a big boy, I'm positive he could handle an 18 hole course if the state aproved it. I think that this should continue to be pursued in the future.
Rand al'Thor
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to General Course Chat