This is the official thread for
The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier!
This year the STLO will be taking place a bit later in the year. There was a conflict that the PDGA created by re-scheduling their premier event to the first weekend in May. The Hall of Fame Classic (NT) is taking place on our normal slot, and the PDGA asked us not to conflict with it. NT events typically draw all of the top pros, so moving our event was an unfortunate necessity. Maybe next time the PDGA will give us a little preferential treatment since we had to bend over backwards this time around...
The flyer is posted below...here are some of the important details:
- Entry Fee will be $100 for ALL PROS and $60 for ALL AMS.
- The AM Player's Pack will this year will be AWESOME! We expect the value of the Player's Pack to exceed the entry fee by quite a bit. I am hoping to get the value up to $100 or more! Unlike some other events that you might have attended, whatever value we declare in the end will be an honest declaration. The St. Louis Disc Golf Club has always prided itself in not inflating the value to garner attention. Some highlights include:
- Tournament T-Shirt - the shirt is being partially sponsored by Dynamic Discs. It will be a Dri-Fit shirt with the tournament logo on one side and a Dynamic Discs logo on the other. EVERYONE that pre-registers will get a Dri-Fit. If you do not pre-register (meaning that you sign up during Check-In or the morning of), you will not get a shirt.
- Stock stamped Dynamic Discs Fuzion Disc (mix of drivers and midranges)
- Tournament stamped Innova Disc (Roc3, Ontario Star Roc, KC Pro Roc, TFR Flat Top KC Pro Roc, Champion Tern, Metal Flake Tern)
- Tournament stamped Discraft Disc (Buzzz, Nuke, Zombee, Drone in Z, ESP, and Cryztal plastics (a few Elite X Buzzz mixed in for good measure too))
- Tournament stamped Gateway Disc (super grippy black RFF Wizard)
- Schlafly logo stamped Disc (a sweet ultra-lightweight Gateway putter perfect for playing catch and warming up)
- Aluminum water bottle
- 24 oz. Koozie that fits around the water bottle or a South County Oat Soda
- Scorecard Clipboard - similar to the one given out a couple of years ago, except this one will be custom CNC milled to fit inside of a Gateway putter
- Erasable Scorecard - similar to the one given out last year, except with different graphics
- Tournament Pencil Set
- Tournament Sticker
- Player's Handbook with all of the pertinent information for the entire weekend
- Meal Ticket (professionally catered this year) for the Saturday evening Player's Party
- Various other swag items (more stickers, koozies, etc.)
As you can tell, with 5 discs and a bunch of killer swag this is already sizing up to be quite the haul! It will be well worth the entry fee alone! And unlike some other events this year, we will NEVER make the STLO trophy only! There will still be the normal payouts for all of the AM divisions too (including baskets for some division winners)! Thinking about it, I wish I was still an AM!
For all of the PRO divisions, you will also receive a Gift Pack. You will get some of the choice items that were outlined above (just not ALL of them). You will also have the option of pre-registering to get a Dri-Fit shirt. Trust me, you won't be disappointed! Not many events, other than NT or MAJORS, treat the PROs as well as we do!
We will be utilizing 5 courses this year. Everyone will get to play 3 different courses over the period of the weekend. Which courses you play will depend on what division you are in. The details of this will be disclosed once the official flyer is released. The courses that will be used:
- Endicott Park (Tournament Central)
- Jefferson Barracks Historic Park (NO WATERPARK CONSTRUCTION = BACK IN THE STLO!!)
- Sioux Passage Park
- Rock Spring Park
- Carrollton Park (a sweet variety of tee pads (natural) and basket positions will be utilized)
Kyle Whitaker from Pin High Discs will be running a 1-Round C-Tier at Carrollton Park DGC on Friday morning. This will be a great opportunity for everyone to check out one of the newest additions to the STL disc golf scene! It will also be a great chance for the PROs and ADVs to get a peek at the tournament layout. Check out the flyer below...
Lars from LSDiscs will be running the Bring Your Own Partner doubles event at Endicott Park on Friday afternoon. Come check in, get your Player's Pack, and get a little fun competition in at the same time!
I will keep adding to this post as more information becomes available!