The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Postby discdoh on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm

This is the official thread for
The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier!

This year the STLO will be taking place a bit later in the year. There was a conflict that the PDGA created by re-scheduling their premier event to the first weekend in May. The Hall of Fame Classic (NT) is taking place on our normal slot, and the PDGA asked us not to conflict with it. NT events typically draw all of the top pros, so moving our event was an unfortunate necessity. Maybe next time the PDGA will give us a little preferential treatment since we had to bend over backwards this time around...

The flyer is posted below...here are some of the important details:

ENTRY FEES

- Entry Fee will be $100 for ALL PROS and $60 for ALL AMS.

PLAYER'S PACKS

- The AM Player's Pack will this year will be AWESOME! We expect the value of the Player's Pack to exceed the entry fee by quite a bit. I am hoping to get the value up to $100 or more! Unlike some other events that you might have attended, whatever value we declare in the end will be an honest declaration. The St. Louis Disc Golf Club has always prided itself in not inflating the value to garner attention. Some highlights include:

- Tournament T-Shirt - the shirt is being partially sponsored by Dynamic Discs. It will be a Dri-Fit shirt with the tournament logo on one side and a Dynamic Discs logo on the other. EVERYONE that pre-registers will get a Dri-Fit. If you do not pre-register (meaning that you sign up during Check-In or the morning of), you will not get a shirt.
- Stock stamped Dynamic Discs Fuzion Disc (mix of drivers and midranges)
- Tournament stamped Innova Disc (Roc3, Ontario Star Roc, KC Pro Roc, TFR Flat Top KC Pro Roc, Champion Tern, Metal Flake Tern)
- Tournament stamped Discraft Disc (Buzzz, Nuke, Zombee, Drone in Z, ESP, and Cryztal plastics (a few Elite X Buzzz mixed in for good measure too))
- Tournament stamped Gateway Disc (super grippy black RFF Wizard)
- Schlafly logo stamped Disc (a sweet ultra-lightweight Gateway putter perfect for playing catch and warming up)
- Aluminum water bottle
- 24 oz. Koozie that fits around the water bottle or a South County Oat Soda
- Scorecard Clipboard - similar to the one given out a couple of years ago, except this one will be custom CNC milled to fit inside of a Gateway putter
- Erasable Scorecard - similar to the one given out last year, except with different graphics
- Tournament Pencil Set
- Tournament Sticker
- Player's Handbook with all of the pertinent information for the entire weekend
- Meal Ticket (professionally catered this year) for the Saturday evening Player's Party
- Various other swag items (more stickers, koozies, etc.)

As you can tell, with 5 discs and a bunch of killer swag this is already sizing up to be quite the haul! It will be well worth the entry fee alone! And unlike some other events this year, we will NEVER make the STLO trophy only! There will still be the normal payouts for all of the AM divisions too (including baskets for some division winners)! Thinking about it, I wish I was still an AM!

For all of the PRO divisions, you will also receive a Gift Pack. You will get some of the choice items that were outlined above (just not ALL of them). You will also have the option of pre-registering to get a Dri-Fit shirt. Trust me, you won't be disappointed! Not many events, other than NT or MAJORS, treat the PROs as well as we do!

COURSES

We will be utilizing 5 courses this year. Everyone will get to play 3 different courses over the period of the weekend. Which courses you play will depend on what division you are in. The details of this will be disclosed once the official flyer is released. The courses that will be used:
- Endicott Park (Tournament Central)
- Jefferson Barracks Historic Park (NO WATERPARK CONSTRUCTION = BACK IN THE STLO!!)
- Sioux Passage Park
- Rock Spring Park
- Carrollton Park (a sweet variety of tee pads (natural) and basket positions will be utilized)

FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

Kyle Whitaker from Pin High Discs will be running a 1-Round C-Tier at Carrollton Park DGC on Friday morning. This will be a great opportunity for everyone to check out one of the newest additions to the STL disc golf scene! It will also be a great chance for the PROs and ADVs to get a peek at the tournament layout. Check out the flyer below...

Lars from LSDiscs will be running the Bring Your Own Partner doubles event at Endicott Park on Friday afternoon. Come check in, get your Player's Pack, and get a little fun competition in at the same time!

I will keep adding to this post as more information becomes available!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: The 8th Annual St. Louis Open - PDGA A-Tier - 6/21-6/23

Postby discdoh on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Here are the flyers...

STLO 2013 Flyer 600dpi.jpg

STLO Final 9 2013 Low Res.jpg

Publication1.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri May 03, 2013 8:34 am

This is a repost from last year's thread, but all of the info remains unchanged...

At our Board of Directors meeting last night we decided to kick-off a Tee Sponsor program. In the past, the cost of Tee Sponsorship was a little cost prohibitive for individuals to consider becoming involved. It was mainly aimed at businesses that could afford the $100. This program was mildly successful in that it certainly helped cover some of the costs associated with the Added Cash that is necessary to run a PDGA A-Tier, but the amount of participation always seemed a bit low. This year we have decided to try and get you, the actual golfer, involved. For $20/each (or $75 for all 5 courses), you will get to pick your hole of choice at Jefferson Barracks, Endicott, Carrollton, Sioux Passage, or Rock Spring and display your graphics of choice (within reason, of course) on a 8.5" x 11" laminated sign that will be stapled to the tee sign post. You will also receive an additional copy of this sign that you can use for whatever purpose you see fit...a Tee Sponsor sign always looks nice displayed next to your massive collection of plaques/trophies or attached to the front of your refrigerator. An additional benefit of becoming a sponsor is that it GUARANTEES that you will step up on that particular teepad with an overwhelming sense of pride and confidence. Can you say birdie?

You can pay for your sponsorship while signing up for the tournament in the ProShop. If you are not going to play in the tournament, but would still like to sponsor a hole, you can - 1) Make a check payable to The River City Flyers and send it to: Dave West, 12 Walnut Park Ct., Saint Peters, MO 63376. 2) Send me an e-mail or PM me and we can get you set up with our PayPal. 3) Meet up with one of the Course Captains and pay them in person. Once we get your payment figured out, we will need your logo ASAP. If you don't have a logo, you can also just have your name displayed (I'll dress it up for you) or you can submit a catch phrase or something similar. Have fun with it!

Here is my favorite example of a little sponsor creativity (courtesy Jim Misuraca)...

Here is the list of Holes available...

Hole availability is on a first come, first served basis.

I am working on the template right now and will post the final product ASAP
Attachments
STLO '13 Tee Sponsor Sign Final.jpg
STLO '13 Tee Sponsor Sioux 13 JIMMY.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sat May 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Direct Link to the Pre-Registration:

2013 STLO Pre-registration on the STLDGC ProShop
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Schelpy on Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 am

Is there a players cap of any kind? debating how quick I need to register since I wont know til closer if I can get the days off work or not.
Schelpy
Bogey Poster

Postby bfield on Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 pm

pool A is advanced/MA1 and pool C is MA3 and all other ams. are the age protected divisions (MS1, MG1, MM1) in pool A or C?
bfield
Bogey Poster

Postby oldmandowntheroad on Sat May 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Is there a way to find out which tee's are going to be used at each course? The white tees were used at Carrolton for the last C Tier. They were fun but I'd never played them before.
oldmandowntheroad
Bogey Poster

Postby bfield on Mon May 13, 2013 7:48 pm

hello? any body out there able to answer these questions?
bfield
Bogey Poster

Postby bean928 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:26 pm

My guess would be all other ams are in group c just like the flyer says. As far as tee pads it might depend on division or all from blue. That's my guess
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby dtwest57 on Tue May 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Pool A will be for just MA1-Advanced.
Pool B will be for just MA2 - Intermediate.
Pool C will be for all other AMs - including the age protected divisions.

We will cap at 90 players per pool and the only ones typically at risk are MA1 and MA2.

Dave West
dtwest57
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments