Rock Springs Park Alton Il

Alton, IL

Rock Springs Park Alton Il

Postby MADDISC on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:10 pm

I heard through the grapevine that there is a new course at Rock Springs Park in Alton Il.
It is only nine holes and i have not played it yet, but the land at this park is pretty cool. Lots of elevation and huge trees including some big holly trees like the ones at Centralia on hole 1.
I also heard the baskets are in, although the tee signs are not up yet.Hopefully very soon.
If anyone has updates please post here.
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Re: Rock Springs Park Alton Il

Postby MADDISC on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 pm

oops I forgot directions
Its on College between hwy 67 and route 3 [homeradams prkwy] by the hospital and the high school.
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby kaht on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Can it be?!?!?!?!?

I just called the alton park and recreation department to verify the existence of a course. The lady on the phone said that she wasn't sure if one has been put in, but she said that they have definitely been talking about it a lot lately. Additionally, she said she's the one that pays the bills for the park and rec dept, and that she has recently had bills go through with discgolfesque (new word) labels on them. So, if a course isn't there already, there's a 99% chance that there will be sometime soon.

This is GREAT news. The new Roxanna park is on my way home from work, but it's still a far drive from my house (40ish minutes). A course put up in Rock Springs park would be w/in a 25 min drive from my house.

Too bad the weather is going to be so sh*tty this week.
kaht
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:56 pm

As an aside, if a course has indeed been put in, ya'll might wanna get in and play it real quick before they start decorating for Christmas. The park is always decorated heavily for Christmas, and that might interfere with the new course.

http://www.visitalton.com/story.cfm?id=28

According to that link the Christmas light display is up from Nov 28 to Dec 28.
kaht
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:37 pm

I called my dad earlier to tell him about the course, and he said he'd drive by on his way home from work. I just got a phone call from him - he drove through the park and said that he saw about 5 or 6 baskets in the ground. He got out and walked around a bit, but was not able to find any tee markers. He said one of the baskets was kinda down near a ditch with a bunch of shrubbery around it, so the course might need some work done before it's playable.

The baskets were Innova discatchers.
kaht
Par Poster

Postby emptv on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Disc up,

This is great news. :D The Traveling Laker League needed a course between Roxanna & Souix to help fill the loop :!: We had heard a rumor that this was happening when we were playing out at Woodland Chains when hurricane Ike came into town and played with us, :twisted: but we kept mum about the subject because, what fun is it to help spread rumors that turn out to actually be true. L.O.L. :lol:
Right now we are at the westplex swing of the travels so it would be about 8-9 weeks or so b4 we would be on that part of our travels, if there are no road trips scheduled. :idea: :idea: maybe John K's.
Hopefully this course will be ready or closer to it by then. :) Keep up the great work, new course's seem to be popping up, and they are needed more then ever. More players + more courses = FUN TIMES.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby JLIGON on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:25 pm

All Golfers,

This is the story on Rock Spring Park in Alton. The signs have just come in so they will be in soon. There are 18 baskets in place, but until the signs and tee markers are in place the course is not offically in yet. Bo and I are looking at the end of November weather permitting. We will post when it's finished.

Jeff L
JLIGON
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:14 am

18 holes?!?!

That's awesome. I can't wait to play it. Jeff, will the course conflict with the Christmas display put up every year? Will there be a 2 month period each year where the course will be shut down because of it?
kaht
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:04 pm

I drove past Rock Springs park yesterday and saw people out playing. Does this mean that the tees have been put in? Is the course playable, and if so is it easy to navigate? Any rough maps anywhere?
kaht
Par Poster

Sunday November 30

Postby emptv on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Disc up golfers,

The LAKERS and the Jefferson Barrack nooners will be to Alton this Sunday :!: The LAKERS have pushed back our starting time to 11:00 hoping that is good with everyone. I will run a 50/50 with the proceeds going to help with pad installation.
Rumor has it that the boys from Collinsville are going out there as well on Sunday. :arrow: Have you heard anything about this? Maybe we can make this some kind of tag challenge for all? Just a idea to keep the fun level up. I will be bringing #27 if I do not change between now and Sunday.
See you there, and bring extra room for FUN!

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv