Dunegant Park DGC Grand Opening Inaugural Event - April 27th

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Dunegant Park DGC Grand Opening Inaugural Event - April 27th

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 pm

On Saturday, April 27th, the City of Florissant and The St. Louis Disc Golf Club will be hosting the first ever disc golf event at Dunegant Park DGC! Come on out and show your support for The City of Florissant and their endeavor to create a world class disc golfing facility!

This tournament/event will be a chance for everyone to check out the course improvements (signs, etc.) and get a little competition in too. There will be cash payouts for the PRO divisions and merchandise payouts (through the STLDGC inventory) for the AM divisions. There will also be a beginner division meant for FIRST TIMERS...for $5 they will get a commemorative disc golf disc and a chance to pick up some throwing tips from some seasoned veterans. How can you beat that?!

We will also have some FREE CTPs for everybody to shoot at as well. If you would like to sponsor a FREE CTP, please respond to this thread ahead of time and I will make sure to get a nice laminated sign posted on your hole of choice.

If you have any questions, please post them on this thread and we will try to answer them ASAP.

Let's make the City of Florissant proud and have a good showing! A small portion of your entry fee will go towards course improvements. I know that Brendan Kane is really hoping to get concrete teepads installed at some point, so a good showing would go a long ways towards making that a reality!

Here are the rest of the details...

Ace Poster

Re: Dunegant Park DGC Grand Opening Inaugural Event - April

Postby Schelpy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:11 pm

So 1 round and then a 9 hole playoff for the winner of those divisions?
Schelpy
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

The top 4 in every division except for Recreational and Beginner will have a 9 hole playoff. Should be fun!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby mgriffin on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Did the tournament still happen with all the rain?
mgriffin
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am

A big thanks goes out to all of the 44 people that showed up last Saturday and toughed out a round in some really nasty conditions...The River City Flyers and The City of Florissant thanks you!

The local news showed up and filmed the morning announcements (including Mayor Thomas Schneider throwing out the ceremonial first shot). I think you can check it out on the local cable access. I will post more specific details when they become available.

I think because of the impressive showing, The City of Florissant is now considering really ramping up their efforts to turn this into a world class golf facility (or the Bellerieve of Disc Golf, as the Mayor put it)!

Good work everybody!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments