Carrollton Park Handicap Singles League - Starts 3/10/2014

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Carrollton Park Handicap Singles League - Starts 3/10/2014

Postby discdoh on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am

Bridgeton Handicap Singles is back for its first full year!

Everything seemed to go really well last year, so I don't think any major changes are in order. If you have any suggestions on how things might be improved, please bring them up on this forum. Please don't sit on your hands if you feel like the league could be improved in any way!

This is a Gateway sponsored league, so expect all sorts of cool giveaways, CTPs, and other various freebies throughout the year. This league is practically in Gateway's backyard, so you know that Dave wants to do it up right!

I will start taking sign-ups 4.5 hours before sunset in the early going. The last card out (myself included) will go out exactly 3 hours before sunset. Once the days get long enough, I will start taking sign-ups at a specified time (4:30 or so), but we will cross that bridge when the time comes. For now, here is a link to the sunset schedule...

http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1957

Here is the rest of the information...

Carrollton DGC Singles League Handicap Calculator Part 2-page-001.jpg
Last edited by discdoh on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Carrollton Park DGC Handicap Singles League - Starts 3/1

Postby discdoh on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 am

For those of you that are interested in the optional PDGA rating aspect of this league, I thought I would give you some details:

- the cost is $1 per week

- you can decide to participate on a week-to-week basis. If you aren't feeling up to snuff on any particular week, you can simply opt out before the round. Once you have committed to participate, however, there is no backing out...your score will be turned in to the PDGA for rating assessment.

- the PDGA calculates your rating based on the play of all of the other scores turned in that week, previous scores from previous weeks, course conditions, weather conditions, and some other variables. If you want to get a better idea of how it all works, check out the PDGA website...http://www.pdga.com/ratings

- each PDGA league round recorded is equivalent to 1 round played in a C-Tier level PDGA event. This means that the league rounds can affect your overall PDGA rating a significant amount. If you only have a few PDGA rated rounds under your belt to begin with, the league rounds can carry a lot of weight. The league can be great way to build up your PDGA resume!

- once you have decided to play for a PDGA rating, ALL PDGA RULES APPLY! This obviously should be the case no matter what, but it is extra important that you make sure you are following the PDGA rules 100% if you are playing for a rating. I expect everyone to keep a close eye on foot faults, falling putts, etc.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:40 am

Today is the start of league! Come on out and get your season started up. Sign-In will start right around 2:45P and the last card out will be at 4:04P sharp. If this is too early for you to make it at this point, have no fear, we will be gaining 7 minutes of sunset time per week, so it won't be too long before you should be able to make it.

As always, there will be some sweet free GATEWAY CTPs up for grabs. Since the weather is going to be a bit suspect this week, I will make sure to bring some extra tasty prizes!

Hope to see you all out there!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 am

Here are the results from yesterday...

The PDGA update won't happen until later this week or possibly even next Monday...I have not received my League TD confirmation package from them yet. As soon as I get the confirmation e-mail (I think they take care of league stuff on Thursdays) I should be able to upload everything right away.

Bridgeton Singles League Handicap Stats 7-23-12 to 3-11-13-page-001.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:09 am

Bridgeton Singles League Handicap Stats 7-23-12 to 3-18-13-page-001.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am

Here are the payouts that are still owed...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 am

Carrollton Handicap Singles League is cancelled for 3/25/2013. There is simply too much snow on the ground. I am sure that plenty of people would have no problem making it to the course (the roads are continually getting better), but the snow is thick enough that discs will simply disappear when they hit the ground flying flat. At a lengthy course like Carrollton, this would make for a very long, wet day of looking for discs.

If you still feel like heading out and getting some snow golf in, I am sure that you will not be the only one. I would recommend taping a 3 foot long piece of gift packing ribbon to the bottom of your discs...take a piece of ribbon and split it in half lengthwise (this helps reduce drag a bit) and use a piece of packing tape to secure it to the bottom. Make sure that you offset the tape a bit so that the loose ribbon itself is exactly in the middle of the disc. Also, make sure to wrap the ribbon around the tape once or twice before you secure it. This will keep the ribbon from slipping out.

See you all next week!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02 am

Dominick took care of league for me yesterday, and everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. Thanks Dom!

I will have all of the information uploaded to the PDGA website tomorrow, so get ready for a ratings extravaganza! Thank you for your patience...

The only missing bit of information from yesterday is the GATEWAY FREE CTP winner on Hole 10. I will try to make it up there later today to pick it up. If anyone else is going to make the trip to Carrollton before me, please pick up the flag and call the shop to let me know who the winner is - 314-487-5204. Thanks in advance!

I will follow up this post with the list of payouts and CTPs that are still owed...

Bridgeton Singles League Handicap Stats 7-23-12 to 4-1-13.jpg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 am

Here are the payouts owed...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 am

Here is a link to the PDGA ratings...

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/101091/243087751

I believe that they will be taking the sloppy teepads and windy conditions on 3/11 and 3/18 into consideration, so the results may get modified a bit once they figure those factors in. Also, I think that they scrutinize the results as bit with the various hole lengths and basket positions taken into consideration as well. I am not sure when they do this, so just keep that in mind.

Otherwise, I think everything looks pretty legit!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.