Dunegant Park - St. Louis MO (Florissant) - Founded 12/1/12

Florissant. MO

Postby emptv on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:16 am

Disc Up,
Sunday December 9, 2012 at 9:00 am on tee pad #1. Singles,LAKER style, $3 gets you a good chance to win $$, but you never have to pay to play with us!

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Dunegant Park - St. Louis MO (Florissant) - Founded 12/1

Postby emoney on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Richard~Cheese wrote:I was out there checking things out this morning. Its a nice little park plenty of parking. Played the blue tees and the sign post next to the red tees is in the way on a few of the holes(easy fix). Front 9 has alot of elevation changes, while the back is generally flat & open(besides 14&15). Its goin to be tough to get people to play the hazards correctly the way its set up it seems to combine ball golf & disc golf rules more on the back 9 than the front. It is not a links style course, if you are not in the marked and cut fairways or end up in a sand trap its a stroke penalty. But didnt see many people playing the course that way. Non the less another quality STL course good job.

Thats Daves little way of making itmore challenging. causes youto go around it or high shot. LOL Makes a change in thoughts of route or get in your head. cant reach pin on blues anyways but i like tht thought. Id agree more if it was on a bunch of holes.
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 am

This course is not 'officially' open. In fact, the back nine is now closed due to neighbor complaints that it infringes on their property. Jason George, Florissant Parks Official, pulled 3 or 4 baskets in the bamboo/woods line Wednesday or Thursday. The others may be pulled by now, too. Pass the word; only the front 9 is open.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Chris K wrote:This course is not 'officially' open. In fact, the back nine is now closed due to neighbor complaints that it infringes on their property. Jason George, Florissant Parks Official, pulled 3 or 4 baskets in the bamboo/woods line Wednesday or Thursday. The others may be pulled by now, too. Pass the word; only the front 9 is open.

WHAT????????? Damn........that is NOT good news........ :cry:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm

When will the course layout changes take place and who will be taking on the responsibilty? Is it on Dave Mac?,the RCF?,or the city of Florrissant? & Will this effect any tournaments or leagues out there this spring or summer?
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm

All we can do is be patient. The officials from Florrisant are very concerned about this and are active in finding a good solution, they just don't know what that will be yet. They are really good guys and the club board is confident that they are committed to this course, appreciate it's value and will get this fixed as soon as humanly possible.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:39 pm

I heard that the back 9 was put back in different locations. Is that true?
If so, any other re-designs planned or will this hopefully be the layout now?
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm

gregwil2 wrote:I heard that the back 9 was put back in different locations. Is that true?
If so, any other re-designs planned or will this hopefully be the layout now?

I've heard this as well.........going to have to go there & see what's up for sure, I guess......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:52 am

Our course captain, Danny Leach, told me that they do have 9 holes open on the back again. They are reported to be shorter and we don't have any wooded shots back there, but they're in. I too would like to go check it out... if only it would stop raining.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:08 am

Disc up,
I saw a small bit on the local news (channel 11) promoting the inaugural event at Dunegant this weekend. Who ever got the press release out, I can only say one thing.
:!: WELL DONE!! :idea:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Dunegant Park