Jefferson Barracks BYOP Doubles 2013 - Starts 3/12

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

Jefferson Barracks BYOP Doubles 2013 - Starts 3/12

Postby discdoh on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 pm

I know that it might seem a bit early to start making plans for the 2013 JB Doubles Season, but you can never be too prepared...

The league itself is not going to have any major changes. It is a tried and true league format that everyone really seems to enjoy, so I won't be rocking the boat. There will be some major changes to our beloved course, however. As you all know, we are going to be losing holes 13-16 some time during the month of March. With any luck, we might be able to sneak in a week or two of Spring League before the holes get shut down. Once the waterpark construction begins, there will be four new holes opening up on the JB "Southside". The plan is to have the holes cut out and ready to go by the time league starts. The new holes will probably start out with only 1 or 2 pin locations per hole, and they will be natural tee pads. As the year progresses, the holes will probably get tweaked a bit here and there until they feel right. Once this happens, the other pin positions and concrete tee pads will go in. The league will help fund some of these projects (more bridges will just have to wait). I would also imagine that the leaguers will have a big part in breaking the new holes in and providing some feedback as well. All of the new activity should make for a really interesting year at JB Doubles...I am really looking forward to it!

Here are the flyers...

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Jefferson Barracks BYOP Doubles 2013 - Starts 3/12

Postby discdoh on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm

The Week 9 Mini Tournament for Spring League (before the pizza party/awards ceremony/prize out) will be a "Mix-N-Match" 18-Hole (singles format). Every other hole will have flagged off teepads somewhere out in the fairway (ala Battle at the Barracks). These 9 shorter holes will serve as the CTP holes for the leftover ACE POOL funds. With any luck, no one hits an ACE all league :twisted: and the ACE POOL is worth somewhere around $500 or more. That would mean there would be 9 short hole CTPs worth at least $50/each! Who knows, they could possibly be worth $75/each or more!

But I am getting ahead of myself...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discpicable on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:37 pm

cant wait WOOOOOO HHOOOOOOOOOO.... NO SERIOUSLY IS IT TUESDAY YET???? FUC SNOW!!!
discpicable
Bogey Poster

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Its almost here. Cant wait. If any body is out practicing jb tomorrow keep your eyes peeled for a bright blue excalibur on hole 11 near or in the water at bottom of hill. I just hit an ace with it at ozark yesterday lost it on my first throw with it today. Reward if found. Name and # on it
Jeff mccluskey
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby rondisc on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:17 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by rondisc on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 pm

On you marks, get set, GO!

The weather forecast looks promising for tomorrow, so I am hoping that the turnout is good. If you can't make it for Week 1, remember that everyone gets 2 drop weeks for the Spring League (versus 1 drop week for the other league sessions), so it is not that big of a deal if you can't make it until Week 2 (or even Week 3).

Here are some details for tomorrow...

BTW - Please try to make sure that either you or your partner has a Sharpie in your bag for all league rounds. All of the CTP flags are going to be laminated and reusable. Pencil will work in a pinch, but a Sharpie makes the task that much easier...

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:24 pm

BONER TIME!!!
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 am

I had heard the rumors that because of sinkholes, the location of the waterpark would not be placed on the golf course. Now my mother in law told me this morning that she saw a report that it was definitely going to be in a different location, but I can't find an article on it. Anyone else know the details? I'm happy as a pig in shit if this true
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby magic on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 am

Here's an article on it although I don't know JB Park well enough to know where the new proposed location will be.

http://mehlville-oakville.patch.com/art ... enter-site
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 am

magic wrote:Here's an article on it although I don't know JB Park well enough to know where the new proposed location will be.

http://mehlville-oakville.patch.com/art ... enter-site

Thanks for that. Funny how myself & several others discussed at length how bad that spot was for a few million lbs of water to be dumped on it, but they needed a years worth of tests to reach that conclusion. Bottom line, take your waterpark & take a hike
Strange
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.