Useful Area

Arnold, MO

Useful Area

Postby Disc_Mike on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:05 pm

I live just down Starling Airport road against at the end closer to the Industrial Park. The City has taken all of the property that is adjacent to the wood line along the river... This is a good place that with a little work and maybe guidance from Gateway we could relocate the exisisting course or expand the current course to 18 or even 27 holes and catch up with the other courses in the greater STL area. Any thoughts or comments about this would be much appreciated.

I am currently using part of this area to practice my distance throws.
In The Bag Champion Wraith,Star Archon,Champion Valkyrie,Champion Sidewinder, Star Vulcan,Champion Monster,Champion Viking,R-Pro Boss,DX Archangel,DX Dragon,Glo Nuke,DX Roc,Star Skeeter, DX Cheetah,Z-Buzzz,Champion Rhyno,SuperSoft Wizard
Disc_Mike
Bogey Poster

Re: Useful Area

Postby RC24 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

I like the idea, any improvement to the course would be great. It's a good little course now, kind of easy for advanced players, but the more holes the better! Sometimes JB can be busy and this is a close by alternative. Hopefully if this goes through the holes will be designed to be more challenging and folks will play there rather than JB.
RC24
Bogey Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Im all for expanding our footprint at the local courses. But putting baskets anywhere close to the Meramec river isnt the best of ideas. Remember Unger? Most of the year 1/3 of it was unplayable. And in the end baskets were getting stolen. Even tho it was a good idea at the time. If you want to find out more DiscMike, Gateway didnt set that course up otherwise they would have Titans. Adrian from the Jeffco Sharpshooters desinged and installed Arnold Park course. Untill final install then city pushed him aside or so it seemed. He would be your best bet on a contact to get things rolling.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Bison on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:48 pm

We have already spoken to Adrian and we are at a stand still pretty much
Bison
Par Poster

Postby Disc_Mike on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Why are things at a stand still? what needs to be done to make this work? There is a lot of land that is not being used and just being cut by the city.
In The Bag Champion Wraith,Star Archon,Champion Valkyrie,Champion Sidewinder, Star Vulcan,Champion Monster,Champion Viking,R-Pro Boss,DX Archangel,DX Dragon,Glo Nuke,DX Roc,Star Skeeter, DX Cheetah,Z-Buzzz,Champion Rhyno,SuperSoft Wizard
Disc_Mike
Bogey Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:17 pm

There is no need to relocate the current course. Adding holes to what we already have and maybe lengthening some holes is probably all that will happen with the best of luck. Right now we are still trying to get the parks department to get us the benches they promised. We've been approved for pads with no financial help on their behalf.

The parks department is who we need to contact about another course on this property you speak of. Does this land have a road leading to it? It'll be tough setting up a course without having a way to get to it. I assume you walk since you live close.

Let me know.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Return to Arnold City Park