New River City Ratings Website/Database

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

New River City Ratings Website/Database

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Do you like stats? I would like to introduce the New River City Ratings Website.
http://ratings.blazinglite.com/

This is a step forward in presenting the River City Ratings. I believe it is all up and running with new features to be added along the way.

Did you ever wonder how you stack up with everyone else that has the same Home Course as you? (Search Player, Home Course)

Did you want to see every rated round you have played in since the River City Ratings were introduced? (Search by your first and/or last name then click by the number next to your name)

Do you want to see all events played at a particular course since the ratings were introduced? (Search Events, Choose Course)

Did you ever wonder how you rank against everyone with maybe.....uhh....the same first name? (Search Player, First Name --- I'm 2nd of 5 out of all Greg's...damn you D'OH :evil: )

Well you can now....and much more.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. If you have any better ideas of how to display data, more ideas, or anything, please comment back here on this thread.
Last edited by gregwil2 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Re: New River City Ratings Website/Database

Postby schimmy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 am

greg this is pretty sweet.

do you think it would be possible to look up the best players at certain courses? such as who has the highest average rating for rock spring?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Par Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:33 pm

I think that will be in one of the next updates to the site. I was thinking of having a Top 50 or 100 ever rated rounds report, top 10-25 rated rounds by course, etc.
Then also add to the players "page" a breakdown on how well they perform at each course. And if you have a home course identified, how well you do there vs all other courses. There's a lot you can do now that all the data is in this type of form, just need suggestions. Thanks shimmy!
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby Genn on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 pm

That's pretty slick, great job, Greg!
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Greg, below is a comment on our facebook page that I said I would pass along.

-currently the acronym for bridgetons course is CA on the sorter, but on players cards it is listed as CP for the home course. The sorter doesnt recongnize CP as in input so when you sort by homecourse CA, there are zero returns.
-It would also be nice if any of the sorting returns could be alternatively sorted (as you might be able to do in excel) so you could sort by Homecourse, then sort by player rating.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Excellent job Greg. Took the STLDGC ratings to a hole other level.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 am

This is killer, I wonder how many other disc golf clubs in the country have something similar to this?

Nice goin Greggy 8-)
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Made a couple updates based off some feedback.
1 - Updated the Carrollton Park abbreviation to CP from CA to match the Home Course
2 - The Player Search Page now allows column sorting
(example: if you search for Home Course: JB, it will originally display in alphabetical order all players with JB as their Home Course. But now if you click at the top column for RCF Rating, it will sort that list highest to lowest rating)

And the Latest Ice Bowls are entered and the ratings and rankings are all updated (White Birch Ice Bowl didn't count because of mulligans so the latest is the PHD Ice Bowl at Carrollton Park).
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:19 am

Very impressive work Greg; it's refreshing to see the talent in our midst. Thank you for taking this on and running with it. It elevates our Club and the Clubs of the RCF to a benefit only found on the national scene, the PDGA. This is an exciting time to be part of the disc golf environment in the St Louis region and playing an active role. Thank you for making the value of membership even greater than before.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Added another feature. Under the Reports dropdown, there is a new selection for "Top Rated Rounds". This will show the top 50 rated rounds (by members) recorded since adaption of the ratings system.
This page also allows to get top rated rounds by course.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion