Ice Bowl - SCCDGC - January 19th

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Ice Bowl - SCCDGC - January 19th

Postby magic on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 am

Here is our next event and always one of my favorite since it's for a good cause.

Last year we raised $505 and a lot of canned goods. Hopefully we can do even better this year. Jim Nelms and Bryan Barklage delivered the check and cans to O.A.S.I.S last year and they were very thankful for our contribution. We will run things pretty much as we did last year with some cash prizes in the raffle and hopefully some other goodies. I'll dig around to see what I might be able to come up with and if anyone else has any donations for the raffle it would certainly be appreciated.

The ace pool is up to $160 plus whatever comes in that day. There is no limit to the number of players, but if you do know you will be attending we would appreciate a heads up. It makes it easier for us to run the event.
Attachments
2013-01-19 Ice Bowl.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Ice Bowl - SCCDGC - January 19th

Postby magic on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:41 am

Just wanted to give this a quick bump as our Ice Bowl is this Saturday. It looks like the weather forecast is shaping up to be anything but icy! We have already held 2 auctions which brought in $100...not a bad start. There are currently about 35 players pre-registered. There is no limit to the # of participants, but a heads up that you will be there always makes things easier.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm

We are going to be adding 2 holes. It will be the same setup as we used for the 3 man last year. Personally I think the hole we add after 16 is one of the best holes on the course. Since it is only 1 round we will easily be able to accomodate everyone who shows up and still be done at a decent time. We also have the course closed from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM which will certainly help things run smooth.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:43 pm

100 PLAYERS…$1018 CASH…985 CANS!!!

That is our donation to O.A.S.I.S. A very big thanks to everyone for coming out to help support a great cause. We were able to double our donation from last year. There were many people who brought in a lot of cans and cash, but did want to point out one donation. Josh Cole stepped it up a notch from last year and brought in 200 CANS! There was also an auction for a bubble hockey table donated by Zack Roach which brought in an additional $100. Thanks guys!

Here’s a breakdown of the donation. From the $10 entry fee there was $1 that went to the ace pool and $2 to the cash raffle. There were 100 players. No aces were hit, so the ace pool stands at $260 going into our next event.

Ace pool – 100 players @ $1 each = $100
Cash raffle – 100 players @ 2 each = $200
Donation – 100 players @ $7 each = $700
Extra money raised = $113
Innova disc auction = $40 (Won by Shane Chesher)
Innova calendar auction = $5 (Won by Justin W. Douglas)
Mark Myers misc disc auction = $60 (Won by Keith Ohmes)
Hockey table auction = $100 (Donated by Zach Roach and won by Brad Allen)
TOTAL DONATION = $1018 plus 985 CANS!

I did screw up a bit since I had two $20 vouchers and two club stamped discs to give away in the raffle. I completely forgot about them, but since it was going to be a donation from the SCCGDC there is nothing lost. I’ll still give them away to either some of the bigger donations or just give them out at the PHD Ice Bowl next weekend. Sorry about that.

Below are the raffle winners:
Kevin Jellinek – MERCHANDISE
Shane Chesher – MERCHANDISE
Tanner Stewart – MERCHANDISE
Josh Cole – MERCHANDISE
Josh Cole – PIN HIGH DISCS
Bob Lenau – MERCHANDISE
Josh Cole – PIN HIGH T-SHIRT
$5 Cash – Kevin Jellinek
$10 Cash – Randy Singer
$15 Cash – Kevin Jellinek
$20 Cash – Polkinghorne’s
$20 Cash – Rebekah Kersey
$25 Cash – Mark Myers
$30 Cash – Andy Majesky
$35 Cash – Polkinghorne’s
$40 Cash – Polkinghorne’s

There was a CTP on every hole which was 5 additional raffle tickets and an Anheuser Busch Clydesdale glass courtesy of Sysco (all glasses donated by Shane Chesher). Below are the winners:
1. Mark Kane
2. Rebekah Kersey
3. Harley Nolan
4. Josh Cole
5. Joe Bryson
6. Kyle Whitaker
7. Jim Nelms
8. Shane Chesher
9. Craig Van Ness
10. Jacob Charles
11. Rick Maassen
12. Stephen Schelp
13. Nate Speers
13A. Greg Kuehn
14. Jim Misuraca
15. Brian Strokotter
16. Craig Van Ness
16A. Pat Wuennenberg
17. Tim Wiegard
18. Mark Kane
Attachments
2013 Ice Bowl.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 pm

This is our can donation and doesn't include the 200 cans donated by Josh Cole.
Attachments
IMG_20130119_105248.jpg
IMG_20130119_105242.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments