New Bag Tag Proposal

Promotion & Discussion area for Leagues, Weeklies, and Regular Matches

New Bag Tag Proposal

Postby smokey102977 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 pm

I would like to see an overhaul of the bag tag rules during league and tournament play. I propose that we should require all bag tags to be handed in prior to tee off during organized events. We could keep the format the same where it is only via your flight, but this way people couldn't walk off with tags they shouldn't be keeping. I have had this happen all too often during league and tourneys.

I would personally like to see a pool system instead of a flight system for distribution of tags during a league round.

Anyone else have any thoughts???
smokey102977
Bogey Poster

Re: New Bag Tag Proposal

Postby Richard~Cheese on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am

It pretty much up to the TD or whomever is running the league to say how tags will be handled in said event. Also there are no set in stone rules on tags,with the exemption of STDGC sponsored events,but still up to the TD of that particular event to make the call. Now if you are throwing in a casual round with a friend or two make sure before teeing off. That everyone is in on putting tags in play first. And lowest tag makes ground rules for the round and tees off first.
Which league/where are playing in this time of year?
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 am

That is too much extra work for whomever is running the events to do all the time, & everyone would have to stick around forever after the event to get your tag........it wouldn't work.....I guess that's my opinion.......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 am

I agree jeffthrow, plus at most tournys if a player doesn't place in the payouts (no matter the division) they usually dont stick around for awards much less tags to be handed out.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Milos3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:50 pm

I get the time constraints, but I have wondered why we don't pool tags and redistribute based on score at a club tourney. Maybe I answered my own question, but on paper it seems like the right thing to do. Or maybe a tag shuffle series throughout the season where the whole point is to shuffle tags. Make these membership drives, where the only entry fee is joining. If you're already a member, no charge. All tags are turned in at registration, rounds are flighted out and played. At the end, tags are redistributed by score. No payouts. Put up club merch for sale, see if maybe food and/or prizes can be donated. Do one in February, May and August.
Insert Witticism...
Milos3
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Although collecting all tags and distributing at the end of an event may sound like the right thing to do, in reality it is a real pain and not worth the trouble. A lot of players conveniently "forget" their tags at home. What are you going to do with those people? As has already been mentioned if you aren't in the payout most players will leave as soon as their round is over with. As a TD you are then stuck with a bunch of tags that you need to track down the owner. It really comes down to it's not just worth it for most events.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby mike jorts on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:59 am

We handed in tags for the mile high dgc every event no matter what and it worked out just fine. If its such a hassle to hand out tags at events then why sell them?
mike jorts
Bogey Poster

Postby mike jorts on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:02 am

Plus if you only play with a small group of friends for tag matches you never actually get a shot at the #1 tag. Isn't that one of the main reasons to have a number on your tag? To beat the best. I would strongly agree that we would turn in our tags at every event. We paid money to bu tags, lets make the most of them
mike jorts
Bogey Poster

Postby Bison on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:11 am

I agree and disagree. In this area it's discussed beforehand whether or not tags are being played for but in most groups tags are almost always played for regardless of whether or not it was said, but at the same time there are those who don't play for their tag because that's the tag the originally won
Bison
Par Poster

Postby MADDISC on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 am

Maybe for the Ice Bowls we could do a tag challenge.
They are only one round and would not be as big of a deal to scramble everything up.

Just my two cents!

Mark D
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Return to Leagues, Weeklies, Minis, & Etc.