The 23rd Annual Holly Daze - 12/15/2012 - Sioux Passage

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The 23rd Annual Holly Daze - 12/15/2012 - Sioux Passage

Postby discdoh on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm

This is just a reminder that the next club event on the schedule is The 23rd Annual Holly Daze - 12/15/2012. The discussion is over and the decision has been made to keep The Holly Daze tournament at Sioux Passage like the original schedule indicated.

The course selection HAS been made! We will be playing the tournament at Sioux Passage as originally planned. Stay up to date on this discussion for all of the details.

We will not be doing a pre-registration like we did for the Turkey Toss. If the weather is looking unseasonably nice that weekend, it would be highly recommended that you get to the event early to make sure that you get in!

The optional gift exchange has become a yearly tradition that is a ton of fun. We ask that participants make sure to only bring NEW & UNUSED disc golf related items for the gift exchange. There are no other rules, but please try to make sure that the person who receives your gift will not be upset. Wrapping up that beat up DX disc from the back deck/trunk of your car does not count! Bah humbug gifts are seriously frowned upon!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: The 23rd Annual Holly Daze - 12/15/2012 - TBD

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Why not schedule something in the future at Wilmore rather than change something that was already set?? For example.......how about an Ice Bowl event at Wilmore? Since Ice Bowls are charity events, & sometimes get some media attention, that might be a perfect first tournament there........ :idea:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Jeff the only reason we would move the Hollydaze tournament is to get this done for the city.
They asked us to do two more events and we decided to do one more nooner and maybe move the Hollydaze.
The club meeting is on the 3rd of december if you feel strongly about this you should attend and voice your opinion. I for one am going to suggest we do this so we can move on and get started hopefully installing this course before the end of the year.

Mark D
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby discthrower on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 am

Any decision on tourney location?
discthrower
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:06 am

The tournament will be played at Sioux Passage as originally planned.

Francis will be your TD and Dan Fritz will be your food provider. Dan will provide specifics for the food options as soon as he figures them out. Rest assured that the food will be tasty and affordable. Schlafly will provide the adult beverages and McDonough Distribution will provide the non-alcoholic selections. We will be taking a very short break in between rounds, so it is highly recommended that you either utilize the provided lunch option or bring your own food. You will not have time to head out of the park in between rounds.

I believe that LAKERLAND will also be in the house to take care of your in-round needs. Bruce...I mean Santa...will be taking care of the Christmas tree and gift exchange. He always seems to have a few other surprises as well!

Stay posted for further details!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 am

Dan Fritz has given me some details for the food option this Saturday...

He will be doing a $5 plate special. Meal Tickets will be sold at sign-in. He was hoping for some suggestions, but was leaning towards a hot meal versus sandwiches or something similar. I threw out the idea of chili and/or chicken noodle soup, cornbread & crackers, and something sweet/sugary for dessert. He also offered up the idea of BBQ of some variety. If you have any good ideas, let us know on this thread and I will pass the word along. I will also try to make sure that he has a vegetarian offering of some variety...suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated, as this carnivore has no idea where to even start on this one.

Don't forget to get your gift exchange item wrapped and ready to go! As I stated before, last minute trunk grabs don't usually make for well received gifts...just sayin'!

See everyone there!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: The 23rd Annual Holly Daze - 12/15/2012 - Sioux Passage

Postby Bison on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Maybe BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, and homemade chili?
Bison
Par Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:42 am

Greg, I really appreciate that you've even thought of the vegetarians. That is more than we're used to.
That said, I honestly think I might be the only one. I've been to three other tournaments where there was a veg option and I was the only person to get it.
I don't think it's necessary to provide the option for one or even two people. Yes, it's considerate and if lunch is part of the entry fee I understand it's "fair". I, however, won't be remotely offended if there's nothing special for me. Having some veg friendly sides should be sufficient and I can just bring up some veggie brats or something he can toss on the grill.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:31 pm

It looks like the weather forecast is shaping up to be pretty decent. The morning should start off around 40 degrees and it should steadily increase to around 60 degrees for an afternoon high. There is a chance of some rain, but I honestly don't think it looks like too big of a threat (fingers crossed)...make sure to bring your rain gear just in case. Either way, once again we are being blessed with some unseasonably warmish weather, so you won't hear this guy complaining!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Doh, I live close to Sioux now, so let me know via phone or this thread if you guys need any help with registraion/preperation. My knee has been pretty fudged up since the monsoon nooner at Wilmore, but I planned on slapping on the old brace and playing.

On an unrelated note. I am only posting this in hopes a lot of people will be looking at this thread.

The following people have some discs of mine that are very sacred to me and I have been a lazy ass when it comes to getting them back. Thanks to all for notifying me, and I apoligize for not getting them back. But if you plan on attending the Holly Daze please bring them.

Hart Bros - 1st run star destroyer and yellow Avery J destroyer, and possibly something else

Zack Williams - Green Z Buzzz

Tim form Endicott Dynamic D stamped star Boss.

Not sure if you heard, but I'm offering up a thorough head light polishing for their return. Straight up.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments